Chapter Two: School

Alex's POV

"BEEB! BEEB! BEEB! BEEB!"

I slammed my hand on the stop button on my white alarm clock, I looked at the time to see it was 5:55. I was about to fall asleep again when I remembered I had school. So I got up, went to my closet, and put on a white t-shirt with ripped blue skinny jean, a neon blue hoodie, black tennis shoes, and my favorite sky blue watch.

As you can already tell, I like blue!

I grabbed my book-bag and skateboard, and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I put two waffles in the toaster, grabbed a plate, fork and syrup, and sat down on a chair pulling out my gray switch phone.

Alex:
Hey!

After the waffles popped, I had gotten a text.

Rodrick:
Hey... y r u up so early?

Alex:
U do realize we have school today, rite?

Rodrick:
WAIT WHAT!?! I GOT 2 GET READY!!! C U LATER!

Alex:
Kk, bye!

Rodrick:
Bye

After the texting and syrupy waffles, I went up stairs to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I had pulled my hair into a braid, leaving out bangs so they can frame my face. Once I was done, I went down stairs, grabbed my book bag and skateboard, and went out the door. Hopping on my skateboard, I rode to school.

Shortly after five minutes of the wind blowing into my braided blond and brown hair, I heard a car honking behind me. I looked behind me to see Rodrick in his white 'LODED DIPER' van with him at the wheel. He was driving a head of me, so the open passenger seat window was on my left.

"Alex! Do you want a ride?" He asked me. I smirked at him, he knew what to do.

Since Rodrick had gotten his drivers license, I had a crazy idea that if we ever meet on the street, (me being on my skateboard and Rodrick in his van) he would open the side doors and I would do a kick flip and hop in the van. And today as a perfect day to do it.

He opened the doors from the inside, and I waited till we were over the speed bump. Once over it, I did a kick flip, grabbed my skateboard, and went into the van without a single scratch.

I then hopped into the front seat, leaving my skateboard in the back. "Nicely done, Alex! All that practicing paid off!"

"Yeah, no joke about it!" I said to him. "You excited about school?"

"Not really, I have to learn things..." Rodrick replied.

"Hey, we have this year and next year left. After that, you'll rock the world with your awesome music and out of there!" I said to him.

He glanced at me, than had his eyes back into the road. "You really think so?"

"I know so." I replied to him, smiling.

He smiled too, then we entered the school campus that was filled with teenagers of ages 14-18. The jocks were talking to the cheerleaders, Heather Hills being one of them.

When Rodrick parked, I said, "See you inside!"

"Yeah, see ya!" He replies, handing me my skateboard.

I then walked inside, ready to start the new year.

-Earlier-
Rodrick's POV

I was in bed, my alarm clock beeping really loudly. I slammed my hand on the snooze button and went back to sleep. I woke up ten minutes later, due to my phone buzzing on my dresser. I checked it, to see I had gotten a text from Alex, my best friend who's a girl.

She is a great skateboarder, and I think she might go pro. She has brown and blond hair, pale skin and brown eyes. She's really fun to hang out with and we always have a good time. She even plays guitar and will help out in my band if someone is out or something.

After she told me about school, I was freaking out that I thought I was going to be late, but it would make bonus points for my awesomeness. But the last time I was late for school, I was grounded for a week, so better get ready.

I put on a 'LODED DIPER' t-shirt with a gray hoodie, jeans and my tennis shoes. I grabbed my book bag and headed down stairs for breakfast. I had a bowl of cereal and orange juice, and ran upstairs to brush my teeth. I left my bed-head hair alone, because it's just that amazing, and I know Heather would go crazy over it.

I've liked Heather since I first laid my eyes on her, and she is playing hard-to-get. She is so into me. I just need to ask her out and I will be worshipped by everyone for dating the hottest girl in school.

After I brushed my teeth, I went down stairs and went outside to get into my van. Once inside, I start the engine and pulled out of the driveway, heading to school. On the way there, I saw Alex on her skateboard with her hair in a braid.

I honked my horn and drove a little ahead of her, so the already open passenger window was next to her.

"Alex! Do you want a ride?" I yelled outer the engine. She smirked at me, signaling that she wanted to jump in the van through the side doors with her skateboard. I opened the doors and she hopped right in.

"Nicely done, Alex! All that practicing paid off!" I said to her as she hopped in the front seat next to me.

"Yeah! No joke about it!" She told me.
"You excited about school?"

"Not really, I have to learn..." I replied.

"Hey, we had this year and senior year. After that, you'll be rocking the world with your awesome music and out of there!" She said to me.

I glanced at her, then had my eyes on the road again. "You really think so?"

"I know so." I smiled. If there is one thing I like about her as a friend, besides her talent for skateboarding and playing the guitar, she's a really great person and will always be there for you what ever the mood she's in.

We then entered the high school parking lot, that is full of other teenagers. I quickly parked my van in the parking lot and Alex got out of it.

"See ya inside!" She said to me as I parked the van.

I handed her her skateboard, that had a blue heart on it with strips going all over the place, saying. "Yeah, see ya!"

I got out of the van, heading into high school to start a new year.