Chapter twenty-two: I forgive you

Alex's POV

It's the day after the party, and I was still in my light blue bed until somewhere around eleven when my mom kept telling me to get up.

Course, I was going to go back asleep since I was still sleepy, but then my mom said something about a gift downstairs, in the kitchen, from a someone that I know. She was standing in my doorway, which was to the right of my bed, wearing a red t-shirt and white shorts with tennis shoes. During the summer, she would get up early and run for a mile or two, just to get some exercise.

She then left the room, leaving me to decide if I should get up or stay in bed. What it the gift downstairs is some prank from a random friend of mine? I really don't want that...

Finally, after five minutes of laying down and thinking, I got up and went to the kitchen. Once there, I looked around, to see a red and white rose on the kitchen table with a sticky note on both of the thornless stems.

Look outside...

With a puzzled face, I looked out the window. What did I see?

I saw Rodrick, wearing a black t-shirt with gray shorts and tennis shoes, a small smile on his face. He was holding up a sign that had his sloppy hand writing, saying, "DO YOU FORGIVE ME???"

I was speechless. I honestly didn't know what to do. I mean, yes I miss him like heck, even though he short of did break my heart... But I can't stop loving him. With a small smile on my face, like 'The Mona Lisa', I did my best of going outside with a leg that was casted and jumping into his arms.

We ended up falling to the ground.

We both got up, and the next thing you know it was raining. We were getting wet, and Rodrick's sign was ruined. "We need to get inside, you might-" Rodrick started to say, but I cut him off with a kiss.

Almost instantly, he started to kiss back, wrapping his arms around me, his sign now forgotten. I pulled away, smiling. "I forgive you."

"Great." He replied, crashing his lips on mine again.

After a minute of kissing, we both headed inside, soaking wet. Holding hands. Mom soon came in, probably saw the rain and deciding to not run today, smiling at me and Rodrick as we held hand.

"So I guessing you guys are back together?" She asked, a small smirk playing at her lips.

"Yep." We both said.

"Great." She replied, tossing Rodrick something.

He caught it, and it was the promise ring. He looked at me, and I smiled, taking the ring from him and putting it on my finger. Were it belongs.

Smiling, Rodrick gave me a kiss in the cheek, and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too." I said, smiling with him. I was really happy now.
______________________________

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE!!! I HAD TESTING AT SCHOOL AND STARTED SCHEDULING FOR MY FRESHMAN YEAR AND IT WAS JUST CRAZINESS THIS WEEK!!! HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER AND THE NEXT ONE WILL HOPEFULLY BE COMING SOON!!!
BYE~!