Chapter Three: You got to love art

Alex's POV

After getting my schedule and locker number/combo, I went straight to it, only to see Rodrick getting his stuff in his locker. I walk up to him, poke him on the shoulder, and say, "Hey!"

"Oh, hey Alex! Where's your locker?" He asked me.

"It's right next to yours." I answered him, pointing to the locker on his right. I began to put in my combo, when my schedule was being pulled out of my hands as I got the last number punched in.

"Let's see..." Rodrick said as he looked at the classes I have. He always does this on the first day of school, to see if we have the same classes together.

"We have every class except third period science. Bummer! But the best part is that we have art first!" Rodrick said as he handed me my schedule back.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go to art!" I exclaimed as Rodrick closed his locker and mine, and we both ran to art.

Once we got there, we took our seats in the middle of the classroom. The room was practically half the size of the cafeteria, with high ceilings and painting covering the walls. I really love art, it's my favorite hobby besides skateboarding. And I actually plan on selling my art online so I can begin my vacation planning for when I explore the world.

When the bell rang, everyone ran to get into their seats just as the teacher, Mrs. Johnson, walks through the door.

"Good morning class, I'm your teacher, Mrs.Johnson. Today we'll be drawing a picture with anything that happened over the summer. You can use color pencils or paint, begin." She informed the class. "And one last thing, this will be a grade for your first art project."

I looked over at Rodrick, he was a bit worried because he's not that good of an artist. "I'll help you, if you want." I whispered to him, just as he was short of failing to act cool.

"Really? Thanks Alex."

"No problem."

I grabbed two pieces of blank paper, one for me and the other for Rodrick, I then grabbed a bunch of pencils and started to think about what I wanted to draw.

I looked at Rodrick, "What do you want to do for the project?"

"Umm, I honestly don't know. Probably me and the band practicing for a gig?" He answered me, unsure.

"That's good, I'm going to draw the fireworks we saw on Forth of July." I said to him. He smiled, and we both got started on our projects.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••<---- this story is brought to you by dots!!! 😜

After art, we headed to math, which happens to be my worst enemy. Even though I was getting A's and B's, I just don't see the point of learning something that we'll never use when we graduate. And same goes for Rodrick, since he's getting C's and D's.

And if you ever see us in math, you would see me doodling and Rodrick sleeping on his desks.

"Good morning class, I'm Mr.Myers, your teacher. Today's a free day, no works or anything, so you can work on what you have in the previous class you had or just talk. But please, keep it down will ya?" Mr.Myers said to the just as everyone were starting to talk about what they do over the summer.

I looked over at Rodrick, to see him passed out just as I thought he would. I grabbed my pencil, colored pencils, and my firework paper and continued to complete my work. I was thinking that I could wake Rodrick up, so I could help him with his project, and I did just that.

I poked Rodrick on the shoulder, and he woke up instantly. "I didn't do it!" He said, once he woke up.

"Rodrick, since we can do what ever we want for today, do you want to work on the art project? I can help you with what you need to draw." I told him.

He nodded his head, grabbing his paper and pencils, and showed me what he had drawn so far. And let me tell you, I was trying so hard not to laugh at his drawing because that would be mean and I want to be good friends with him.

He had drawn stick figures, a really bad drum set, a guitar and speackers. it looked like a three year old had drawn it! "Ok-"

"It's terrible, I know, go a head and laugh..." Rodrick interrupted me.

And I laughed, for a good thirty seconds.

"Ok, I'll help you. So what you have to do is..." I told him his mistakes, and I had roughly sketched a small drum set on his paper and had him trace it. I then started to draw all the band members and instruments. Once that was done, I told Rodrick that he could color them and I went back to my drawing.

I was almost finished with it, I just have to color the sky a dark navy blue and color the fireworks different colors.

Man, you got to love art.