Chapter seventeen: A gift from Rodrick; part 2

Alex's POV

While I was blindfolded, mom drove us to where ever she's taking us. I was smiling the entire time, kept on asking her, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see!" She'll replied.

After a good ten minutes, the car stop dead in it's tracks, and I heard the car door open and close to my left. Then I heard my door open and someone grabbed my hand and guide me somewhere. I was still smiling like crazy, wondering what on earth is going on, holding hands with someone.

We then stop, the person let go of my hand and said, "Alright now, take off your blindfold." Wait a minute... Rodrick!?

I quickly took off said cloth, to see darkness. Then lanterns hanging from tree branches started to light the place up, letting the invisible become visible. We were in the forest. There was a wooden platform for dancing, a DJ stand right next to it, and a couple of tables here and there. Everyone standing in front of me, their faces held smiles. Rodrick's family was there, my family, even Heather's little sister, Holly, was there. Oh yeah, she and Greg are together, forgot that.

Then everyone cheered, "SURPISE!!! HAPPY SIXTEENTH BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!"

"Oh my god you guy! Thank you so much!" I said, as we did a group hug.

"I'm so glad you like it." I heard Rodrick say, pulling away from the hug.

"Wait, you did all of this?" I asked, shock.

"Planned it, yes. But everyone here helped with the lights and everything." He replied, as I pulled him into another hug.

"Thank you so much, Rodrick." I told him, smiling.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!" The DJ yelled, playing some random music.Everyone started to dance on the dance floor, including me and Rodrick.

-🎂time skip to the birthday song!🎂-

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Alex!

Happy birthday to you!

And many more~!

Everyone sang as Susan and my mom carried the birthday cake over to me. Making my wish, which I'll never tell, I blew out the sixteen candles and everyone cheered. Frank started cutting the chocolate cake, handing them out to everyone, and we dug right in.

Then came the presents. The first box that I opened was from Holly, she got me a 'Jimmy Eat World' album and I thanked her for it. Greg and Rowley got me two pads of paper and a few pens so I could draw something. Susan got me a new shirt, and Frank got me a gift card for iTunes. Everyone els got me random stuff, yet Rodrick hadn't given me his present yet for some reason...

Anyways, the DJ started to play a song, 'Hear You Me' by Jimmy Eat World, and all the couples that were there started to slow dance on the platform. This included Susan and Frank, Greg and Holly which I thought was cute, me and Rordick, my grandma and grandpa, and Rodrick's grandma and grandpa.

Me and Rodrick were dancing, two spotlights being shined on us and Greg and Holly. They were both blushing the entire time, which I find cute. They were dancing like how me and Rodrick were dance: his hands around her waist and her arms around his neck, with some space between them. But me and Rodrick had very little space between us, my head was on his shoulder and his head was on mine.

(A/N It's a great song, and I thought it would a bit of a good song to slow dance to!)

After the song ended, everyone was clapping and it had to be around ten, and everyone started to leave.

"Hey, I want to give you my present." Rodrick whispered in my ear.

I nodded my head, he then grabbed my hand and lead me to a small clearing that was close by, and we stop in the middle if it. He looked a bit nervous, so I kissed him. He kissed back, snaking his arms around me and pulled me closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck. We then pulled away for air, and he began to speak.

"I love you so much Alex. You're always there for me and I don't know what I'll do if you were ever taken away from me. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, from your red lips to your finger tips you're beautiful. And my gift for you, is one that I really hope you'll like forever." He then put his hand in his pocket, and grabbed something. He looked at me, blushed, and slipped a ring on my finger. "This is a promise ring, and I promise that one day, I'll marry you. I love you so muc-"

I cut him of with another kiss, this one full of more passion then before. We both put our arms back to where they were and I couldn't be anymore happier. I pulled away, "I love you too, and yes I accept you gift." Then I kissed him again.

After a good three and half minutes, we both walked back to where everyone was at and went home. This is official, this is the greatest night ever. And best of all, I'll someday be with the one I love forever...

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️

DONE WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! HE GAVE HER A PROMISE RING!!! LEAVE A COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK AND PLEASE LEAVE A BOTE AS WELL!!! NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE COMING OUT SOON!!! ONLY NINE DAYS UNTIL MY FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY!!! BYE~! ❤️🎂🎉❤️