Chapter Four: So much for a happy ending

Alex's POV

It was a bit of a long day of school, so when it was sixth period I was happy that we were leaving in the next hour. In study hall, I continued to help Rodrick with his art project while mine was already done. I sat next to Rodrick in the middle of the classroom, everyone els were out of there seats, including Heather.

She was wearing a red tank top, a white jacket, jeans, and high heel sandals. Her blond hair was curled at the ends and she looked like a typical popular person. And all the boys, including Rodrick, were practically drooling over her.

The bell rang, everyone went to there seats with Heather sitting in the front row. I looked over at Rodrick, he was still looking at her, but not until everyone was looking at the teacher.

"Class, I'm your English teacher, Mrs.Brooks (aka my mom). Even though you've already learned this in elementary school, I'm going to teach you how to write in cursive!"

The class groaned, probably because they don't see the point in learning something that they've already learned. I actually want to learn how to write cursive again, since it's been a while an it would improve my hand writing skills. Rodrick looked like he didn't care and wanted to take a nap like he usually does.

"Now everyone, partner with someone! Quickly everyone!" Mom-I mean, Mrs.Brooks said to the class as everyone was walking around to find I partner. Most of the guys were going after Heather, so they can be partners with her, including Rodrick.

They all failed, due to Heather already partners with her friend, Madison.

Rodrick came back to his seat, head hanging low in defeat. Sighing, I asked,"Do you want to be partners?"

"Yeah, will you?"

"Yep." I answered, popping the 'p'.

-five minutes before the bell-

"Class, this will be homework, and you can work with your partner with it. Have a glorious day." Mrs.Brooks said to the class, just as everyone was packing their things.

"Do you need a ride?" Rodrick asked me, while he was putting his book bag over his shoulder.

"No thanks, I good with my skateboard." I answered him. "But I'll come over later for the art project and cursive homework. Ok?"

"Ok, see you later." He said to me.

"See ya!" I said just as the bell rang. I ran to the entrance of the high school, did a kick flip on my skateboard and skated all the way home.

Rodrick's POV

After Alex had left, I headed to the entrance of the school, hoping that I could talk to Heather before I go home and maybe ask her out on a date. Once I was outside, I turned to my left were my parked van was. To see something that I never thought I'll see in my life.

I saw Heather, kissing the most popular football player in school.

I silently went to my car, trying to act cool. Once I had gotten inside my van, I closed the door behind me and started the engine. I pulled out of the student parking lot and headed straight home. When I got there, I went upstairs to my room, closed the door behind me. I messed with my drum set, feeling nothing. Feeling numb.

So much for a happy ending for me.