Chapter eight: First Date

Inspired by a song: First Date by Blink 182. love the song!!!

Alex's POV

So turns out Susan and Frank were listening to our conversation, and they were really happy that me and Rodrick are together now. Susan keeps asking me when our first date is, so she could take me out shopping and all that junk, but I told her that we haven't planned one yet. Then Frank keeps telling Rodrick to be a gentleman when we have our first date and all that junk, but Rodrick will have his earbuds in and listen to music, acting like he could understand what his dad was saying to him.

Then Susan told my mom about the news, and mom was surprisingly excited about it. I actually thought that she would just cry and keep telling me that I'm growing up, so I was shocked to hear her saying she knew that someday me and Rodrick would be together. Exactly how long, though?

Then when Rodrick told his band about us, they were getting excited about it and were jumping like little kids at a candy store. Then they told him really bad advise which I didn't get to hear, but fully knew that they were terrible.

"So, Alex, do you want to go out Saturday?" Rodrick had asked me, during lunch on Thursday.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked him.

"Well, we could go see a movie, do miniature golf, I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"How about we go to the mall, mess around with people, then either go to Dave and Busters' and play some games, or see a movie."

"Going with Dave and Busters'." Rodrick said, smirking.

"Great, what time though?" I asked.

"How about six? Pick you up at your house?" Rodrick asked.

"Sounds good."

"It's a date."

-Time skip! brought to you by dots!--->•••••••••••••••••••••••••••😜

So, now it's Saturday, and I'm wearing a purple t-shirt with a black and grey hoodie, with jeans and tennis shoes. I had my hair up in a ponytail, and wore no makeup because, to be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of makeup.

It's 5:58, and I hear a nock on the door. I walked over to it, to see Rodrick in a black shirt, with a teal and grey hoodie, jeans and tennis shoes. His hair was combed, but I could tell he ran his hands through it.

"Hey." He said to me, smiling.

"Hey!" I said, smiling too.

"Ready for our date?" He asked me.

"Yep" I said, popping the 'p'.

We went to his car, he opened the door for me, and I gladly went in. He closed it, went around the car, and got in his seat. He came closer to me, gave me a quick peck on the lips, and started the engine.

"So, what are we gonna do for pranks, oh mighty King of Pranks?" I said, smirking. Me and Rodrick were well known pranksters all around the place, the other kids started to call Rodrick the 'King of Pranks' for that. And I was the 'Queen of Pranks'.

"Well my Queen, I'm going to leave fake puke in the men's room, then in Dave and Busters' do the same thing but on random games. What about you?" He answered me, showing the fake puke he bought when he was hanging out with Greg. Man, I wish I could see the looks the older people were getting.

"Well, I plan on calling someone and saying to some random persons that it's their relatives and give them the phone and beat it out of there." I answered him.

"Nice, and the best part is that we're here." Rodrick said just as he turned off his engine and leaned forward for a kiss. I leaned in too, and our lips crashed again. Our eyes were closed, and it was a perfect moment.

When we pulled back, we were breathing heavily and our faces a bit red. We both smiled, and I grabbed my skateboard and we both got out of the van.

"Question, why do you have your skateboard?" He asked me as we were entering the mall. I then pulled out another skateboard, handed it to him, and skated down the hall. Rodrick smirked and followed my lead.

We skated around people, past coffee shops, and skated into an elevator to get away from a mall cop. We had a fun laugh. Then I proceeded to do my prank. I secretly pulled out my phone, and picked a random number from my contact list. First one was Rodrick's friend, Ben. I punched in the number in the pay phone machine thing, and once it answered, I handed it to a old lady and told her that it was her grandson. She smiled and talked to Ben for five seconds, then me and Rodrick skated out of there before the lady could attack us with her wooden cane.

Rodrick then did his prank, video taped it so I can see the first guy's reaction to the 'vomet' that was in the sink. I laughed so hard. But all good things had to come to an end, since I spotted the mall cop coming our way. We skated out of there, and headed into the van. The cop had gotten outside and looked for us. I then pulled Rodrick's face to mine so we were kissing again, that way the cop didn't see our faces when he came near the van.

When I pulled away to catch my breath, for a good five seconds, then Rodrick pulled me close and kissed me again. I kissed back, and we stayed like that for another good minute.

When we pulled back, Rodrick started the engine and drove us to Dave and Busters'. When we pulled into the parking lot, Rodrick said, "Oh crap! O forgot the fake puke at the mall!" He held his head down I shame.

"It's ok, we can still do other pranks and play games and all." I said, trying to make him feel better, but it didn't work. "Or we could do this."

Just as he looked up, I had crashed my lips on his again, my heart beating fast like the first time that we kissed. He moved his arms so they were pulling me closer to him, and I did the same with my arms around his neck.

We pulled back for air, and caught our breaths. We then went inside and started to play a lot of games. We practically had a mountain of tickets when we were done playing the games. We wasted them all on candy and other things like a mini light up disco ball to hang in my room. We then went out to get Domino's Pizza, and ate in the van.

"Tonight was a fun night." I commented while eating a slice of pepperoni pizza.

"Yeah, probably the best night ever with you." Rodrick said, leaning forward and peck my cheek.

"Like wise." I said.

When we were done with the pizza, we drove back to my house and he walked me up tithe front door. "I had fun tonight."

"Same here. Hope you enjoy the disco ball." He said to me, motioning the small plastic ball in my hands.

"Will do." I said. I stood on my toes, see how Rodrick was about two inches taller than me and kissed him. He pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss and rapping his arms around me. When we pulled away, there was a flash and we both looked to see mom holding a camera!!!

"This is so cute!!! I can't wait to show this to Susan!" She exclaimed as she walked back into the house and upstairs.

Me and Rodrick stood there, frozen in place for a few seconds, then I kissed his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see ya!" He said as he wen to his car and drive away, after he blew me a kiss.

I walked inside, headed straight to my room, hung the disco ball above my bed and layer down. "Best. Night. Ever." I said quietly to myself, just as I was falling asleep.

Rodrick's POV

Tonight was a great night, I had a fun time with Alex. Pranking random people, being chased by the mall cop, winning candy and junk, and getting to kiss her soft lips more than once. I smiled as I entered my room, hopped onto my bed, with a happy sigh and fell asleep.