Homecoming

Stacy's POV

My heart beat louder and louder as we got closer to the school. I don't know why, but maybe I was nervous. No, nervous would be an understatement.

"You okay, Babe?" Zayn asked me as he held my hand in his, his thumb rubbing in circles.

"Yeah." I said as I looked at Louis and Harry. They were whispering things to each other like they weren't worried about what was going to happen tonight.

We watched the crowd gather around the limo, as if everyone's waiting for us to come out.

Zayn's phone rang just before we pulled over.

"Hello?" He put the phone up against his ear and then checked the name on the screen before holding it up again.

I didn't get to look at whose name was on the screen, but judging by his face, I could tell he doesn't like it.

"Look, it's homecoming night and I don't want you or any of your people near me. I can take care of myself." He shouted at the person on the other line and put his phone back in his pocket.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"S'that your dad?" Louis asked.

"It's my brother. Doesn't matter, this night will be all about us." He told me with a smile. I could tell he was masking his real emotions and I don't know what I'm supposed to feel about that.

I wanted him to not hide his feelings from me. I wanted to know what was going on in his mind.

"Zayn.." I held his hand.

"Don't worry about it." He held his arm out and put my hand around it.

"Ready?" Louis asked Harry.

Harry took a deep breath before taking Louis's hand. He nodded and gave his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips before the chauffeur opened the door.

Zayn went out of the car first, gaining attention from the crowd outside the school. Everyone, like literally everyone was staring at him. Cameras were flashing at him like how they would in award shows.

People were also talking about him. The girls were literally swooning over him and I realized how lucky I was to have someone like him in my life.

He waved celebrity-style at people, obviously enjoying the attention. He opened the door again and held his hand out to me. I took it and stood up from the car. I didn't even try the leg-out-like-a-movie-star move, I probably would fail at it.

People started taking pictures of me, which I hated. I covered my face with my hand.

"Baby, look at me. You look beautiful, okay? Just walk through the crowd and smile. You got this." Zayn stood in front of me to cover me from the "paparazzi".

He took my hand and smile at everyone, being the friendly bad guy that he is. I didn't know such person exists until I met Zayn.

I took a deep breath before actually taking a step and successfully walking to the main entrance of the school with him without crying or throwing up.

I realized that I wasn't scared for myself, I was scared for Louis and Harry. Too scared that I can't even look back and check people's reactions.

It's not like I still had to, as soon as I heard the limousine doors close, I couldn't hear anything else but gasps and whispers it was almost like the place was silent.