Asymptotic

Zayn's POV

I woke up shirtless in my room and I wasn't even surprised. The switch thing doesn't even bother me anymore. I just laughed at the thought of Constance actually wanting to sleep half-naked while she's on my body.

I got up and checked my laptop and saw that Constance has logged in on twitter and tumblr.

A message popped out saying that @Harry_Styles tweeted. Wow, she's got his notifications on?

I checked her tweets and they were mostly retweets from other people.

I checked my youtube account and saw that my video was already uploaded.

I was really hoping she (AN: SHE is not Stacy anymore!) would see it. I didn't want her to think that I wasn't over her, because I have moved on, but I've always wanted to do something for her.

When I heard the song, I immediately learned how to sing and play it on the guitar and recorded a video. It explained how I felt when we have broken up, like it was especially written for me.

But as I've said, I've already moved on. That doesn't necessarily mean I would find a new girl, it just means I want to be free and happy again. Well, at least I'm TRYING to be.

After breakfast I've called Stacy but she wasn't picking up. So I just texted her about tonight. Didn't she know that I hated texting?

While texting, a message from someone named "Niall (random food emojis)" popped out of the screen. He said he was coming over to their house, so I had to inform her.

I honestly felt relief that we were back in our bodies. I mean, what would I do if I was in Constance's body? I don't even know who this Niall guy is!

I spent the day planning for tonight. I don't know what came into my mind, but all I know is that I wanted to spend as much time as I can with her, as long as she allows me to.

I don't want to steal her away from Harry because it looks like he was making her happy, but I can't help but think about how we would be if I was in his position.

It makes me crazy how he gets to hold her and I couldn't even look at her without being talked about by the entire school. The only time I get to spend with her is when I'm in HER body.

It's so frustrating how far I have to stay away from her when all I ever wanted to do was to hold her hand.

But she isn't mine and I have to respect her decisions. Harry's good for her, I'm not.

But I have to be a good friend for her because it's the closest thing I could ever be. Like asymptotes. Twoclines that are so close to each other but will never intersect.

If I wanted to protect her, if I wanted to spend more time with her, I had to be her friend. I don't care how much it hurts, just as long as she doesn't experience that any type of pain that I was feeling.

A few hours later I found myself calling her and she wasn't picking up.

I've texted her and she still didn't reply.

Maybe she really doesn't like me?

Way to go, douchebag. She hates you because you're an ass.

As if on cue, her phone started beeping and I hoped it was from her.

Message from Z:
I'm at the mall. Just text me when you're on your way. :)

So she doesn't hate me! And there was a smiley!

But what's with the name? Z? Just Z? I only have four letters in my name and she just settles with Z? And that Niall guy gets emojis?

I changed my name into something more... fitting, and added a couple of emojis.

I texted Louis about my plans for tonight and he said he was going to invite people.

I still wasn't sure about this. I mean, sure, I'm taking baby steps, but this time, it feels like a dinosaur leap.

I went to the art room to get my mind off things. This is what I usually do to relax, since I'm trying to quit smoking. I love graffiti, I love cartoons and superheroes. I spray-painted a surface that takes up almost half of the wall and formed something like a scene from a comic book.

And then an idea just popped out of my head.

I took another surface and painted a pair of eyes. Inside the right iris I painted the calm sea. Inside the left one, I painted the night sky.

After a few hours, Louis texted me that everything was ready. I texted Constance because I know that she's going to be so angry once I call her. I took a bath and got dressed.

After getting myself all fixed for tonight, I drove to Constance's house. I was so nervous that I had to just sit in the car for ten minutes, trying to regain my composure.

You can't mess this up now, Zayn.

I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. One of their maids opened the door and let me in. I sat on the couch and it felt so different because I was already so used to sitting there while I was in Constance's body.

I realized that it was the first time that I have been to their house while I was in my body.

I wonder if her parents are home?

I looked up to the stairs and saw her walking from her room.

She looked... stunning. She looked like royalty. I just wanted to look at her forever.

Her eyes met mine and I was so scared because for a second I thought I was going to say something stupid. She walked down the stairs and the only thing I could manage to say was: "You look.... nice."

Way to go, Malik.

She replied with "Thanks! You don't look so bad, either. It's different."

Different? What kind of different? The good kind?

I knew I should have gone wearing that leather jacket. It's a classic. Girls love it.

We walked out of their house and into the car. I remembered to open the door for her and I shall remember that (and many other things a nice giy must do) for the rest of the night.

I took a deep breath as I went into the driver's side.

I'm ready.

AN: Double update!!!!! HI GUYS!!!!!!!

Exam week is over, so I'm back to writing (Yaaaayyy!!!!!)

Anyway, their "date" is coming up, so stay tuned!!!!

I hope you liked what I did for this double update. :) I had fun writing it :)

What do you think will happen during their date? Where will they go? What will they do? :) Tell me what you think!!! ;)

Comment/vote/share!!! :) Thank you guys!!!!