Sunsets and Fireworks

Constance's POV

"Turn right here and then just drive straight. Don't stop." I said, finally reaching our destination after more than forty minutes of driving.

"Are we going where I think we're going?" He asked.

"If you think we're going to China, then you're wrong."

"To Disneyland?"

"Yes, to Disneyland."

"Why?"

"Well, I think that the best way to know a person is to see him/her as a child. See how he/she would react from the simplest things to the craziest rides."

"Oh, okay." He said as he focused on his driving. His face was intense, and I can't help but wonder if I said something wrong. The last time I saw him like this was when we went home after the music festival.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanna get this day over and done with." He answered. His face was cold and expressionless. I wanted to ask why, but I didn't want to push him to his limits so I just shut up.

Upon entering, I could already see that his expression was changing. He was now sad, as if something was bothering him. It looked like he was fighting the urge to cry.

I took his hand and pulled him to one of the rides.

"I can't do this." He said.

"You can't do what? Come on, don't tell me you're scared of these rides. This one's called 'It's a small world', it's for kids!"

I was practically dragging him and forcing him to go and ride with me but it was obvious that he really doesn't like it. He didn't react the entire time, he was just looking.

When we exited the ride, he sat on one of the park benches.

"Hey, what's wrong? When Louis told me that I should bring you here, I got excited but now that you're being this way, I don't think we should still continue." I said, sitting down beside him.

"Louis said that?"

"Yeah, I asked for advice since he knew you so well."

"Yes, because he knows."

"He knows what?"

"When I was young, I used to go here everytime with my parents and my brother. Eventually, they were losing time for me already. My brother was in college when I was eleven when I threw a tantrum and forced them to go here with me. So we did. The entire time they were taking calls from people and my brother was just ignoring me. I explored the park alone and it took them a long time to realize that I was gone. They had to call Louis and had to ask him where to find me. He didn't even take time to think about it. He found me. Right where we are sitting now, talking to a girl."

"Ahh, a charmer at such a young age."

"Yeah, ever since I was young, everyone loved me."

"So what happened?"

"They found me and said we should go home and that we wasted so much time doing childish things. So after that, I never wanted to go back here again."

I left him sitting there when I ran to the nearest food cart and bought us food before going back. When I went back, I was surprised to see him talking to three girls.

Does he always do this? You leave him in the middle of an amusement park and then you come back to see him talking to girls?

"Hey, there she is! Thanks Babe!" He said as I approached them.