Everyday

Constance's POV

"Miss Stacy? Miss Stacy, a man your age is downstairs, and he asked me to wake you up. He said that you were expecting him." One of our maids said, waking me up.

What? Have I been sleeping for 24 hours already? Was that Louis? I already told him I wasn't coming to the party!

"Tell him I'll be down in a few minutes." I commanded.

I went into my closet to find something comfortable to wear. When I went out of the room, A almost shouted when I saw Zayn sitting on my bed.

"How the fuck did you--"

"This." He interrupts while holding up his key to my room.

"Give that back, you won't be needing that anymore." I said, trying to snatch it away from him.

"No can do, Princess. I'll be keeping this from now on." He says, putting the key back into the pocket of his jacket.

"And why is that?"

"Because you're going to forgive me for what I said earlier and because I'm going to use it to get into your room whenever I want to." He says.

Right. That's it. That's the last straw.

"Listen here, Zayn." I say as I move my face closer to his while staring deep into his eyes.

God, his eyes are beautiful.

"You can't always tell me what to do because you do not own me. Last time I checked, you hate me and I hate you just as much. We're back to our normal lives and we're not in each other's bodies anymore. What more do you want from me?! One minute you're un-inviting me to your party and the next minute, you're here telling me that I should forgive you and that you can come into my room anytime you want? You think I want to be with you? Hell, I don't even want to see you again!" I said.

"Something wrong here, Miss Stacy?" Our maid enters the room.

"No, just... um, Maria could you please.. Escort Mister Zayn out of the house, please? Thanks." I say, turning around and walking to the dresser.

"Wait, Maria, could you please leave us alone for a while? Please. I just need to say something to Constance before I leave." Zayn asks.

I nodded my head, causing Maria to leave the room. I hear the door shut.

"I practiced this um, monologue inside my head but um, now I've forgotten everything I was supposed to say. I got frustrated for what I just did, I... Look, Constance, I'm sorry. I was supposed to sincerely apologize for what I did earlier today but instead of doing that, I uh, I..."

"Somehow, we're like um, two characters in a beautiful painting in a piece of canvas and we don't know who the painter was, and, um, when I was still in your body I... I ruined the painting by splatting black paint into it and... when I went back to my real body I... I chuck the painting into a shredder and then I... I didn't like what I did to the painting so I tried to tape the pieces back together and then realized that I really couldn't do it so I burned it intead... And it's impossible to bring it back, you know?"

I really didn't understand what he was saying, but I know for a fact that he was feeling something extreme inside of him. Louis told me that Zayn uses figures of speech whenever he feels extreme feelings. Extreme happiness, hate, sadness, confusion...

"For some reason I wanted you to hate me more than you already do, as much as I wanted you to want me more than you already don't. Because of the confusion I was feeling, I... I tried to make you want to be as far away from me as possible, cause that was what I was feeling.," He says. "I don't want to like you, Constance. But here I am, begging for our forgiveness because somehow, I want to be as close to you as possible and it fucking frustrates me a lot because I know you don't fucking feel the same way."