Lux

Zayn's POV

There. I did it. I kissed her again. I know it took so long before I did, but hey, I fucking did it.

It was perfect. I had her up there, on top of the whole park, higher than everyone else. We had fireworks and music and it almost feels like I planned it. I didn't. Somehow it felt like the whole universe was working for me.

Everything was like: 'Hey Zayn, just go on with the date and we'll handle everything for you."

HELL YEAH.

Somehow it felt like she wanted it too. She kissed me back and I felt it.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like you, Constance Flynn?" I told her before going back down the ground.

She shook her head.

"Well, I like you a lot. I kissed you several times, and I don't really do that to people I don't like, which says something."

She just giggled. She's so cute.

'Sooo...?" I asked her.

"So what?"

"Do you like me back?"

"Maybe..."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe if you weren't such a jerk, maybe I would."

"But if I wasn't such a jerk, EVERYONE would love me. Not that they don't already. Well they do, because I'm trying not to be a jerk anymore." I answered.

She raised her eyebrow at me. Everything she does is so cute.

"Come on, let's go." I told her as we went out the Ferris wheel car and waved goodbye at Paul one last time.

I led her to one of the streets to watch the parade. I don't even care if it's for kids, I waited so long to see this again.

"Hey look at Cinderella, I think she's checking you out." She told me.

"They all are. Look." I pointed at their float. They were waving at children but they were all looking at me, drooling. I know I look kinda like Aladdin but hey, I can't help it if I'm pretty much like everyone's Prince Charming.

"But you might like Cinderella, she looks a lot like Perrie." As soon as she says that, I looked at the girl and realized that she did.

"She does, but how many times do I have to tell you, I was her boyfriend but she was never my girlfriend?"

"I was just thinking about how you dedicated one of your videos to her."

"Which one?" I asked because I don't remember ever singing for her.

"Your latest one. Amnesia."

"That wasn't for her."

"But---"

"It wasn't, just drop it." I told her. It probably wasn't the nicest thing to say, but I just didn't want to talk about Perrie.

"Okay." She answered. She didn't seem angry or anything, she just went on watching the parade. I was expecting her to be moody, but she wan't. It was like my tone didn't even affect her, which was good.

There was a certain glow in her eyes, like she has her own light inside her. She laughs as Goofy passes by and jokingly trips. She was watching the characters like a kid.

"Grandma, I can't see!" The little girl beside her said, tiptoe-ing.

Constance looked at the kid's grandma, as if asking for permission and the old lady nodded. She tried carrying the girl just so she will be able to watch the parade. I took the girl from her arm and made her sit on my shoulders. Paul used to do this for me when I was young and I remember how it felt like I owned the whole park while I was up in his shoulders.

"Thank you, Mister." She said. "What's your name?"

"Prince Charming." Constance answered her and the girl smiled at me.

"She could be your Princess, Mister Prince Charming." The little girl whispered and I laughed.

"Yeah, she is," I laughed.

"Hey, what are you guys whispering about?" Constance asked.

"We were talking about how Cinderella's the prettiest among all the princess, right, Angel?" I asked the girl and she nodded.

"What's your name, by the way?" Constance asked her.

"My name's Lux and I'm two years old." She said while holding up two fingers.

"That's a cool name," I said, which made her smile.

After the parade, we returned Lux to her grandmother and said goodbye. We decided to go back to the car and drive to a place where we could eat.

While driving, I can't help but notice how silent Constance was. I slowed down because I know she doesn't like it when I'm driving too fast, but she still wasn't talking.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Have you ever been in love?" She asked. I wan't expecting that.

I paused for a while, thinking about how I should answer. I knew she was gonna ask me eventually, ever since I reacted that way when I read her poems.

I couldn't get the word out from my mouth, so I just nodded.

"With Perrie?" She asked. I hate that she's always asking about Perrie but I can't blame her because she knows nothing about my past.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked.

"Yes, I think I do. We decided to get to know each other and as your friend, I think I deserve to know."

Apart from the fact that I just got friendzoned, I was surprised because of how she was so interested in my past. She doesn't need to know, but she's right, she deserves to know.

We went to a pizza place and ordered a box so we could just go on a picnic somewhere. She wasn't being annoying, she was just patiently waiting for me to tell her about me. I drove to one of my favorite places which was a mountain overlooking LA. Technically, people aren't allowed to go here but Louis's dad has some special privileges so sometimes we would come with him here. People know me already, so we just walked past the restricted areas.

We sat there and I took a deep breath before telling Constance my story.

Hi guys!!!! Lux is in this chapter, yaaayyyy!!!!

QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS ZAYN'S STORY?

Clue: Check out my other story, Collide. Read the last chapter and then maybe you'll find out!

I hope you liked this chapter! Please comment or vote, and thank you to everyone who already did! :)