Quicksand

A.N: This is a transition chapter. It's going to be a little boring but I need this chapter to kind of unite things and to balance some elements before I start writing a big chapter. You'll understand what I'm saying when you get to the next chapter. But for now, Enjoy!!!!

Stacy's POV

I can't believe it. I never thought I would ever feel his warm embrace again. Yet he's here, hugging me like he's been wanting to hug me for a long time, too.

"I've missed you so much you can't imagine." He said.

"Oh trust me, I can." I answered as I pulled away from his hug. I noticed the look on his face when he realized that I wasn't alone.

"Constance what's wro--" Zayn said as he entered the door and then stopped as soon as he sees Liam.

"What's going on?" Liam asked as he looked at Zayn and then back at me.

"Li, this is--"

"Of course I know who the fuck he is, Stace. I hope he still knows who I am, too." He interrupts.

"I'm sorry, now's not the right time, you should probably go." I said as I turned around and asked him to leave. We went out the door and I closed it behind me.

"Zayn, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here, I didn't know he was gonna be here and--" and then he kissed me, not letting me finish my sentence.

"He's your brother, I get it. You haven't seen him in a long time. I just followed you so I can do this." He said right before kissing me again.

"Please tell me you'd still pick up when I call." He said.

"I will." I answered and then he kissed me on the cheek one last time before going back to his car. I watched him drive away from my house and then went back inside to reunite with my brother again. As soon as I entered the door, he shouted at me.

"What the hell was that? You dating that guy?!" He asked.

"I wouldn't call it 'dating', but literally 'getting to know each other'". I replied. I mean, that's what we're doing, right?

"Stace, I know you're a brave and intelligent young lady, and I hope you know what you're doing, and I know that you know that he's not good for you. You're too old for lectures and I know you're capable of making your own decisions but I just want what's good and what's best for you, alright?" He said as he hugged me again.

I wanted to argue with him, but he doesn't know how much Zayn has changed since the last time he saw him, which was when Zayn was punching him in the face. He's a better person now, I just want Liam to see that. If he would stay for a long time, that is.

"Since when did you sound so fatherly?" I asked.

"It's called maturity, Stace."

"Until when will you be staying?" I asked. I didn't want to hear his answer to that question. I shouldn't have asked that. I know he was going to say that he wasn't gonna stay long.

"I haven't even sat on a chair and you're already asking me about my departure! Stacy!" He answered while playing with my hair.

"Why do you keep saying my name?" I said while I was struggling to be released from his grip.

"It's because I haven't said your name out loud for so long. But don't worry, I won't leave you here again." As soon as he said that, I shouted and jumped into his arms and hugged him again.

"Well, isn't it nice to see my children reunited?" My mom said while coming down the stairs. My stepdad followed shortly after and I felt the awkward air around us.