Starry, starry night

Zayn's POV

"Constance! Constance, wait!" I said as I tried to follow her but the crowd was too thick. They were all trying to talk to me.

What did I do wrong? Did she not like the song? Did I trigger bad memories? Did I say something I wasn't supposed to say? Was I going too fast?

Questions clouded up my mind. Everyone was trying to tell me things but I only hear muffled voices.

I didn't care about anyone else. I had to get to her.

Constance's POV

Georgie texted me that she was going to New York tomorrow for her ice skating auditions. I could've just gone to their house, but I didn't want to bother her because she had to rest for the trip.

I didn't want to go home because that's the first place Zayn will go to if he looks for me.

So I called Harry to meet me in Milkshake Planet. After just a few minutes, his Aunt, Irene, offered me their giant ice cream burger.

"What's wrong, Honey? Did Harry do this to you?"

I looked at myself in their mirrored walls and saw that I had a red nose and my eyes were swollen because of all the crying.

"No, Harry had nothing to do with this."

"Irene! Stacy! What happened?" Harry said as he rushed to the table.

"I gave her an ice cream burger because she looked like she needed it."

Irene rubbed my back for a few minutes, still trying to comfort me. We were all silent until Irene had to leave to get back to her duties.

"Baby? Baby, look at me. What happened?" Harry said while wiping my tears.

I still couldn't talk, so he just let me cry on his shoulders while holding my hand.

"If this is about Gavin, I swear I will break his----"

"No, Gavin didn't do this... I just... I don't even know anymore."

"Look here Baby, I won't ask, as long as you tell me what I can do to make you feel better. And I'm not even talking about getting laid with you, I'm not that kind of guy, but I just want to know what I can do. I hate seeing you like this. I feel horrible." He said as he was wiping my tears.

"Take me home."

"Okay, tell Maria to open the gates and---"

"No, take me home with you. I mean, if that's okay."

"Will that make you feel better?"

I nodded.

"Okay, then let's get back home. But first! I want you to try this. I usually go here and drink this when I'm sad, so you should try it." He said as he offered me a glass of milkshake.

"Thanks." I tasted it and it tasted like a mixture of bananas, apples, caramel, nutella, and Graham crackers. It's weird, but it's really really good. Good enough to make me smile.

"See? You smiled! You're cute." He said and then he kissed my nose.

I'm glad he's my boyfriend.

After finishing the milkshake, we went home to his house. It was just as big as ours and they have a garden filled with flowers.

"My mom takes care of these plants. Wait til you see them bloom in the morning. They're beautiful."

"I bet they are."

We entered their house and we were welcomed by his mom.

"Hi Stacy! It's nice to finally meet you! I've heard so many good things about you. I'm  Anne!" His mom said while giving me a hug.