9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 9: Oh my freaking cherries!!

It all happened so fast, I was sitting on the couch in the sitting room. Luke sat opposite to me, but I didn't know what he was going on and on about. Hell, I didn't even know how I got here nor when did Ashton and my parents came back. One minute I was standing in my rubbished filled room, the next minute I was here!

"Brianna? So, what do you think?"

I looked up and realized Luke was talking to me.

"Hmm? Uh... I uh... don't know?" I mumbled.

"Oh, baby girl, you must still be in shock, why don't you go upstairs to rest and we'll talk later?" My mom asked, holding me against her. I nodded my head weakly and Mom helped me up and followed me up my room. After what seem like years, we arrived my room and it was all cleaned up now but I was too tired to notice. I crawled onto my bed and Mom tucked me in like she used to when I was young and kissed my forehead, saying ''Sweet Dreams". She smiled down at me before walking away.

"Mom?" I whispered.

"Yes, baby girl?"

"I'm scared, Mommy."

"Oh, sweetie, there's nothing to be scared about, Mommy's here, Mommy's here." Mom soothed me, coming back to sit next to me. Then, she laid down next to me and held me.

And soon, I let sleep take over me.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Right, yes, yes. Okay, I'll talk to her. Sure, we're all here, except Ashton, who's at school. Sure, thanks. Bye!" Dad hung up and turned towards us.

"Well?" Mom asked.

"Luke arranged you to meet up with the cops. 3 pm tomorrow, okay with you, Anna?" Dad replied.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, staring at the tv.

"Oh and by the way, we have to talk." Dad said again.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Let's switch the tv off first." Mom suggested, and switched it off.

"We want to talk about school." Dad began. "You've been absent from school for a week now and I, no we both have a feeling that you're gonna be absent a lot, to stay away, to go to hearings... "

"Wait, what? Do you mean I should just quit school?" I interrupted.

"No, no, of course not. School is very important. We were just thinking about alternative measures." Mom replied gently.

"What alternative measures?" I pressed, Mom And Dad exchanged a look.

"We want to know what do you think of homeschooling. Of course, we are not saying you must, but it's possible, so we want to know what do you think about it."

Homeschool. Homeschool.

"I... I seriously don't know." I answered honestly.

"It's alright, you take some time to think about it." Mom said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, and try to see if there are other better methods!" Dad said, smiling at me. I gave them the brightest smile I could master.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Time passed quickly, I did my homework, rang Ashton during lunch to ask him what he thought of the whole homeschool thing -he said he'll figure something out, not sure what that means- and slept, a lot.