5 - no PDA in front of brother!

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 5: no PDA in front of brother!

‘Wow, you look… wow.’ Toby stammered.

‘Thanks.’ I smiled, blushing.

‘Yeah, yeah, just get her back before her curfew. Okay?’ Ashton piped in, looking at Toby straight in the eye.

‘Don’t you have somewhere else to be? Like hang out with Jason the jerk or something?’ I asked my overprotective brother.

‘Yes, I'm going out. Not with Jason though. He's hanging out with his girlfriend.'

Ashton never liked Kendra, Jason's girlfriend. Said she was really annoying, always just asking Jason money. I didn't really like her too because she was one of Genevieve's minions.

‘Whatever! Now go.’ I ushered him to the direction of the stairs.

‘But, I have to make sure To...’

‘Dude, it’s fine. I’ll bring her home on time and I’ll keep her safe and I’ll make sure she’s full, goes to the toilet regularly and does not cry.’ Toby interrupted , rolling his eyes.

‘Hey! I’m not a baby!’ I pouted, crossing my arms.

‘But your brother talks like you are one.’ he answered, kissing my pout away.

‘Hey, no PDA in front of brother!’ Ashton said.

‘Oh, shut it, it’s not like you’re younger than me!’ I retorted as we went out of the door. ‘Bye, everyone!’

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

'Happy one month anniversary to us!' Toby said as we clinked our glasses.

'Hope we'll have a lot more anniversaries to celebrate.' I answered. We were now at Cruise, a fancy but not too expensive restaurant.

'I got you something.' He said, pushing a box towards me.

'Oh my gosh,thank you!' I opened the box to reveal a pretty necklace. It had a pink butterfly on it and sparkled underneath the lights.

'I know it's not much, compared to other gifts your ex-boyfriends must had given you.' He said, scratching the back of his head.

'No! It's beautiful! I love it! Here, help me put it on.' I handed him the necklace . He smiled and came to my side and put it on. I then gave him a box. Inside was a watch, I'd heard guys talking about it, so...

'What? You don't have to get me anything! Not that I don't love it, but it costs a lot!' He exclaimed. I waved him off and suggested going out for a walk.

And that's what we did.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

'Have I told you how beautiful you are tonight?'

'Like a million times. Have I told you how you are smiling like an idiot?'

'I told you why. I couldn't help it when I'm next to the prettiest girl ever. And I get to call her mine.'

'You're just saying.' I whispered, blushing.

'Na-uh.' He said, turning towards me. His eyes darted towards my lips and started leaning in. I closed my eyes as he crashed his lips towards mine. I smiled as I kissed him back. After what seemed like an eternity, I pulled away, gasping for air.

As I stared at Toby's face, I couldn't believe I was his girlfriend. For a month already. He was one of the sweetest, cutest, hottest and nicest guy ever. I'd heard different rumours at school, some shipping us and some not, thinking that he wasn't good enough as he wasn't rich, like I was. But I didn't care. I didn't even want a rich boyfriend. The last boyfriend I had was Adam, the very rich swimming team captain. He'd shower me with expensive gifts. At first, I'd like the fact that he was willing to spend money on me, in fact I swooned about it, but then I found out that was his signature move to trick girls into falling for him and then break their hearts. Luckily, I was informed of that before I fell.

Toby was different, he was one of  the nicest jocks at school. He wasn't a player and only had steady girlfriends.

I felt so happy at that moment, it was like nothing else matters as long as he was with me.

'I like you a lot, Brianna.' He whispered in a husky voice.

'I... me too.' I answered. I hoped Toby and I could be steady for a long time and we'd even fall in love and get married.

Falling in Love.

I wondered how it felt.

Was it as cheesy as people said it was?

May be I'd know someday.

'It's getting late. Let's get you home before Ash kills me.'

'Okay.' I sighed, getting up from the bench unwillingly.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

'Lady Brianna, welcome back, you had a good night, I suppose?' Dallas, our butler asked as I went inside.

'Yes. It was wonderful!' I gushed, fingering my necklace.

'I'm glad, I'm glad. Your parents and brother are in the sitting room, waiting for you.' He replied, with a tight smile, which wasn't normal. Dallas had always been a jolly fellow.

The sitting room? Mom, Dad and Ash waiting for me?

That was weird, we never use the sitting room unless there was something important to talk about. I wondered what happened?

'Right, thanks.' I replied with a nervous smile. I walked into the sitting room to see Ash sitting there playing with his fingers and Mom and Dad watching him with puffy eyes.

Did a cat die here?

I laughed at that thought.

'Hey, I'm back.' I said, plopping down next to my brother. Mom and Dad gave me a sad smile.

'What happened?' I whispered to my brother.

'Dunno. But they've both been crying.' He whispered back. I gulped.

'Sweetie, you're back! Toby gave you a necklace, didn't he? It's gorgeous. Did he like his watch?' My mom asked, failing miserably at being enthusiastic.

'Uh, yeah! It is gorgeous. And yes he liked it.' I answered.

'Good.' Mom said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Just then Julie, one of the servants, came in with tea and placed them in front of us.

'Sir, ma'am.' She greeted my parents with a tight smile. Why did I feel like everyone in the house know something only Ashton and I don't?

'Kids, we have something to tell you.' Mom began.

''Is it bad?' Ashton asked, looking up.

Mom glanced at Dad before answering in a small voice,

'Yes.'

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's notes

Cliff hanger!!!!!!

I originally planned to write what was the bad news, but then I decide not to.

Hahaha (evil laugh)

Can you guess what is it?

Picture of the necklace on the side/ at the top:)

Song on the side/ at the top kinda describes Brianna's feeling towards Toby:)

Comment, vote and fan!

~Bethia