26 - I'm sorry for being muscular

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 26: I'm sorry for being muscular

I couldn't sleep, but then I was sure anyone in my place wouldn't be able to sleep neither. I had just begun to close my eyes when something woke me up again.

Tap tap. Tap tap.

I turned to the other side and started to close my eyes again.

Tap tap. Tap tap.

I groaned and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and turned on my bedside lamp.

Tap tap.

The sound seemed to come from the trap door in my room. The trap door led to a safety room, so when the castle was under attack back in the old days, the person living in this room can go through the trap door to the stairs and then to one of the any safety rooms.

I pushed myself out of bed and pulled on my robe since it was freezing. I walked towards the trap door.

Tap tap.

I frowned and then the trap door moved. I jumped in fright.

What if they were attackers?!

They'd barge in here.

Oh right.

Tap tap.

The tapping this time was faster, stronger and louder. The person down there must be annoyed.

Just in case, I took a pair of scissors and holding it in front of me, I opened the trapdoor.

"Jeez, I thought you were dead or something." The person said, climbing up and closing the door.

"Jase." I breathed, dropping the scissors and hugging him.

"Hey." He said gently, pulling me up in the air. I squealed as he put us onto the couch.

"You scared the death of me." I whispered, leaning on him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. For not being there for you, for not-" he began, I stopped him with a kiss.

"It's alright. You're here now and that's all it counts." I said.

"When I heard- I just... I had to come, my parents wouldn't let me. So, I had to sneak out." He explained. I snuggled closer to him.

"You know, you ought to have more security. Shouldn't you have a maid with you in here?" Jason said suddenly, looking around, as if trying to find a maid hidden somewhere.

"I'm not a princess, I don't need to have a maid in here. If anything happens, I have those buttons." I replied, pointing to a button beside my bed, one near my closet door, one near my toilet door and finally one near the bedroom door. "Do you have a maid in room?" I asked suspiciously.

"Is someone jealous?" Jason teased. I smacked him playfully. I couldn't help but smile, him being here made me feel so much better, like I could pretend all of that was just a bad dream.

"No, but I have a guard stationed outside. It's the rules." Jason said.

"Poor guard, having to endure your snoring." I laughed.

"I do not snore!" He whispered roared.

"Okay, okay, yes, you don't." I laughed.

"You know, you'll have to get used to it when you become a princess." He whispered nervously.

Did he just- Was he...

"Well, if I ever become a princess, I'll have the prince in my room, won't I?" I said, turning around to face him, raising an eyebrow.