28 - Here goes nothing

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 28: here goes nothing

-Jason-

I closed the trap door and ran down the stairs, making sure that no one's around, I ran to the back door and slipped out. The door led to the woods immediately and I ran across the woods to where I parked my car. I was pretty sure I broke a few laws while driving to my house. It was a small one story wooden house in the woods that was entirely mine, even my parents couldn't control what I do here. They'd only been here once, the day they bought me this house as a birthday present. So they didn't know I had a car here. After parking my car, I started walking back to the castle, it was only about ten minutes away. I slipped in the back door and went back up to my room.

"Jason." A voice said. I jumped in shock and turned around to see my mom in my room.

"What... what are you doing here?" I stammered.

"Oh, I don't know. My son went missing and I couldn't find him anywhere, so naturally I'd come to his room." She said, crossing her arms. I opened my mouth to speak, but she held up her hand. "Where have you been?"

"The wooden house, Mom. I'm sorry, I know I'm still grounded... Yesterday, I sent someone to check on it for me since I haven't been there for a while, and then there were somethings I had to go and fix it myself..." I lied.

"I sent someone to go there this morning, no one's there."

Shoot. Fudge.

"I might've been in the woods." I lied once again.

"You are unbelievable. That's it, we are going to find your father." She said, throwing up her hands and walking to the door.

"Mom! But I-" I began, but she'd already gone out my door and started walking towards my father's study. Looking to make sure she was away, I quickly changed into a dress shirt and combed my hair (so my dad would have one less thing to yell at me about). Making sure I was looking decent, I bolted out my room and towards the King's study. Mom was in there already.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Here goes nothing.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"So, you went out at eight in the morning to go to your little house to fix the door and then you went to the woods to get some woods for the fireplace?" My dad repeated, I nodded.

"Even though it's spring? And summer's just round the corner?"

"I read somewhere that if you kept the woods for like half a year, they burn better." I lied.

"I see." Dad said with a tight smile. He raised up his hand and slammed it against the table. The sound echoed through the room as Mom and I both stared at him in shock.

"You think you can fool me with those little lies?" He yelled. "You know I can find out where you've been if I want. And if it comes to that, you and whoever's involved will have to face the consequences. So I'm going to ask you one last time." He paused. "Where've you been this morning?"

I gulped, knowing that I could lie no more.

"The Huntleys." I said quietly, knowing my parents wouldn't like it at all.

"The Huntleys?! You sneaked out in the morning, breaking a lot if rules, just to go to see Ashton?!" Dad exploded.

"I had something to tell him?" I suggested.

"We grounded you, not your phone." Dad stated.

"I had to tell him in person?"

"Then, tell him to come here! It's not like we forbid visitors!" Dad yelled. "Tell me the truth, Jason."