23 - What are you expecting me to feel?

Dedicated to Illouison for her quote:) (it's one of Jason's dialogues) and thanks for supporting me♡

One can't being help born into perfection. -America Singer "The Selection"

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 23: What are you expecting me to feel?

Jason

I ran towards the direction Brianna did, calling her name, but by the time I ran followed her to the gardens, I had lost track of her.

''Have you seen the lady?" I asked a guard stationed at the doors to the gardens.

"Yes, sir. I think she went that way, but I'm not sure where exactly." He replied politely, gesturing towards the direction.

"It's alright, thanks." I said hastily, and started walking towards that direction.

Where was she?

Suddenly, a gazebo came into view and I could see a shadow hunched over at a corner. I stepped closer to see it was her and she was sobbing quietly. My heart tightened at that sight.

But the thing was, why would she get so upset just because I accidentally called her an evil witch? Genevieve called her names all the time, and she'd never even flinched.

I walked stepped onto the gazebo and cleared my throat quietly. Brianna jumped in surprise.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare-" I began.

"Go away." Brianna said, turning away from me.

My heart broke a little at the sight of her turning away.

"Please, Anna. I-" I tried again.

"Don't want to be with an evil witch, do you?" Brianna said, her voice breaking a little. She still wouldn't turn to face me.

Why couldn't things be easier?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Brianna

Why wouldn't he leave me alone? He didn't like me, fine! Then, stop bothering me and just let me get over him!!

"It was misunderstanding! I hadn't meant to call you an evil witch!" Jason exclaimed, running his hand through his hair.

"What misunderstanding? You didn't know she was evil?" I asked dryly, turning around. Jason hung his head in response.

"Then what's it? What's the misunderstanding?" I asked.

"You are right, I didn't know she was evil." Jason replied quietly.

Okay, I'd have enough. This guy was unbelievable! And I was expected to believe him?!

"Stop playing around, Jason. Am I that stupid to believe that you don't know she's an evil witch? What did you think she was?" I hissed, standing up.

"Uh, a kind queen?" Jason muttered. I tried to detect something from his tone, but all I could hear was embarrassment.

He really thought so?

"What?" Was all I managed to say.

"I've never watched Narnia and when I was young I saw the photo of the woman holding the boy. I thought she is nice, I mean..." Jason paused awkwardly.

"Oh." I replied awkwardly.

"Uh..." Jason started awkwardly and then stopped.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up at him.