10 - No swearing, my Prince

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 10: No swearing, my Prince.

"Right, thanks a lot, bye." Dallas said, as the cops went out. The questioning has just finished, I guess it was alright. I had stayed silent as usual. Luke was in Dad's office, filling him of what happened during the questioning.

"Finally, they're gone!!!!!" I yelled, attacking Dallas with a hug.

"Yes, Lady Anna, yes!" Dallas laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna call Trish now, she should be out of school." I announced, walking away to my room. Ashton was at basketball practice and Mom was out working. I switched on my phone and called Trisha.

"Hi, this is Trisha. I'm too busy to answer your-”

"Hey Trish." I interrupted.

"Dang! I thought I could fool you!"

"You weren't even close." I answered goodnaturedly.

"Oh, well. So, how did it go?"

"I almost fell asleep." I answered, "I mean, they keep asking the same question again and again. Luckily, all I had to do was sit there and look sad. Which, to be honest, isn't hard at all."

"Oh, poor Brianna. I wish I could be there for you, but-"

"I know, I know. Your mom needs you to help her with the shop. It’s alright, besides, I'm thinking of calling Toby after their practise."

"You guys going on a date?"

"Uh no, I don't know. I mean, I haven't called him yet."

"Oh, okay." Trisha answered, her voice weird.

"Trish? Is everything okay? You sound... weird."

"What? No, no, everything's fine." She answered too quickly.

"Trish... you… Do you like Toby?"

"What!? No, of course not!"

"Then what is it?"

"I told you, it's nothing!"

"Trisha Grigoletto, I've known you for 16 years, I know when something's wrong." I said in a hard voice.

"Look, just, just..."

"Trish, if I were you and you me, would you want to know what I am keeping from you?" I asked, I heard Trisha sighed.

"Fine. Have you been reading gossip magazines lately?" She asked, but without waiting for my answer she continued. "Well, rumour has it that you are dating Toby for... reasons."

"What? But... but... Of course I am dating him for reasons, because I like him!" I cried, furious.

"I know girl, but they somehow found out that you starting dating him around the time you met Cordelia, so they-"

"How would they know? So, what now? They think Toby helped to kill Cordelia?!"

"Anna, I never said-"

"Well, then what did the magazines say? What are the reasons?" I demanded.

"They don't know, all they've got are theories. Theories that aren't true. Don't listen to them, Anna!"

"I'm not! It's just annoying. I... Look, I'm sorry, Trish. But I ... I need some space, some time alone. Sorry, bye." I hung up before she could reply. I dropped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Suddenly, my room seemed too catastrophic. I need air, fresh air. It has been a few days since I went to see the horses. Yes, we had horses, eight in total.