Epilogue

Dedicated to my best friend on Wattpad DreamCatcher38.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Epilogue

I looked at the mirror one last time. I knew Jason always said I was pretty, beautiful, but that day, I finally felt it. I was wearing a mid sleeved dark red half sleeved dress that came to my mid-thighs, with a sweetheart neckline. I paired it with black heels. My hair was in a French bun and I had minimal makeup on.

"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no!" Trisha screamed next to me.

"What? What is it?" I cried, hiking up my dress, ready to use my ninja skills (nonexistent) when it comes in handy.

"Your hair is not perfect! Wait!" She cried, she grabbed the hair spray and sprayed my hair for the millionth time.

"Trish." I sighed.

"There, you look perfect." She sighed and wiped away a fake tear. "My baby's all grown up."

"Trish..." I sighed again and glanced at the clock. "Oh no, I gotta go. Jason's gonna be here any minute."

"Okay." Trisha said, following me out. "Remember, rule number one, mark your territory. Rule number two-"

"First, I am not going to 'mark my territory'. Second, who knows, she might not even be interested-"

"Not interested?! Darling, he's the prince! Of course she's gonna be interested! Any girl who's not interested is either taken and in love or gay or crazy." My best friend concluded.

"Um, excuse me. I wasn't interested until less than a year ago. And you are not interested." I argued.

"First, I never said you're normal! You were crazy then. Second, I'm not interested because he's your boyfriend and also, I like someone else!"

"Maybe she- Wait, you like someone?! Trisha Grigoletto! When were you planning to telling me?!" I accused, stopping in my tracks.

"Oh, keep walking, we still have around a minute before we reach the front door. Explain why you have to live in such a big castle and why are your rooms built ten minutes away from the door?" Trisha asked, as we hurried along our way.

"I told you, my grea- Oh, no don't you dare change the subject! Answer me. I'm not gonna keep walking until you answer." I threatened, stopping again.

"Oh, walk! Fine, I didn't tell you because I'm not sure how I felt yet. I guess blurting that out means I really liked that guy. And before you can ask, no, I'm not gonna tell you who is he." She said, throwing her hands in the air.

"Well, then I'm not gonna walk anymore." I threatened again.

"Too bad coz we're here and Prince Charming's waiting." She fake pouted. I looked up, not realising that we had arrived.

"Fine, but it's not over." I said, giving her a death glare. I walked to Jason.

"Hmm, not a bad job, Trish. My sister actually looks decent." Ashton commented.

"Wha- Uh, thanks?" Trisha said in a small voice, blushing. OH my God, My best friend was blushing because my brother kind of complimented her?!

"Ready?" Jason asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled and nodded.

"Good luck!" Ashton and Trisha called. We waved back and got into the car. I greeted the driver and took a deep breath.

"Nervous?" Jason asked.

"Hell yes. Not only am I meeting the princess of Octavius, but it's also the first time you officially introduce me as your girlfriend to important people." I breathed. This was the day when the Octavius Royal family would visit Sherfil, and the day we would meet the girl Jason's parents had in mind for Jason before. His parents hadn't exactly accepted me yet, I was given a year to 'act like how a future queen should', then they'd rethink whether to accept me or not. Then, Jason managed to convince them to let me be there to greet the Octavius Royal family to 'show how I could be a future queen' and to not let princess Stella get any ideas about Jason and her (no, we didn't tell Jason's parents that).

"Yeah, well, don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine." He said.

"Well, on a lighter note, did you notice how Trisha was blushing in front of Ash?"

"Yes! That was so weird!"

"And Trisha just told me she liked someone! Did... did Ash say anything about liking someone?" I asked.

"What? You think the two of them..."

"Well, it's possible."

"I guess and no, Ash didn't say anything, but he was never the kind to say stuff like that." Jason replied.

"It's gonna be weird if they really get together." I commented.

"Agreed, but, to be honest, I think they'd make a good couple."

"They would, wouldn't they?"

"Your highness? We're here." The driver said as the butler came forward to open the car door. We got out and hurried into the massive castle.

"Your royal highness." I greeted the queen, bowing low.

"Brianna." She greeted back with a small smile. Just then, the king walked into the room.

"Your royal highness." I greeted him, bowing low again.

"Brianna." He greeted back. "Well, they're gonna be here any minute. Jason?"

"Sir?" Jason replied. The king inspected him and me, probably trying to find something wrong, like an inappropriate dress or tie or something.

"Behave." The king said finally. Jason nodded, trying to stifle a smile.

"Oh, and Jase? Brianna? Princess Stella got engaged to a wealthy Octavius young man last month." The queen said calmly. I widened my eyes and turned to Jason. He was looking at me with a shocked expression too.

"Why the shock faces? It's not like it's gonna change anything. I mean, Brianna's still going to act like how a future queen should, right?" She asked with a bemused expression. Darn, she knew that I was here to let Stella know where she wouldn't stand.

"Of course, Ma'am." I replied with an easy smile.

"Sir? They're here." A guard said.

"Send them in." The King replied.

"Yes, your majesty." The guard said, turning around to go do his work.

"Benjamin! Annandale! Stella! Welcome! Welcome!" The King greeted with a big smile.

"Gregory! Cassandra!" King Benjamin greeted.

"Benjamin! Annandale! And Stella! You look gorgeous!" The Queen exclaimed.

"And you must be Jason!" King Benjamin cried. "And this is?" He asked, looking at me.

"Lady Brianna Huntley, daughter of the Duke of Thelisia, and my girlfriend." Jason answered, smiling.

I beamed as we continued to welcome the Octavius Royal family. This was not exactly a happily ever after as we still had a lot to go, but this was more than I could hope for. Ryan was in jail, I pled on the court to save his life, so he got a life sentence; Genevieve and I were friends, yes, we were; and I finally got to go to Cordelia's funeral and say a proper goodbye. And at that moment, I just had to figure out how to act like a future queen. Would a future queen have her hands on her side or in front of her?

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's Notes

 CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK PLEASE!! The Bad Boy Ruined my Project  

Thanks

So, this the official end of Royal Innocence.

I can't believe I've finished a book!!

Btw, I've changed my cover photo for my profile to all the Royal Innocence fan art and covers:)

As for the sequel, I've thought about it and well, I think it's highly possible. More about it a few chapters later (Royal Annoucements)

Chapter pic: Royal Innocence official cover

Lots and lots and lots of love, 
~Bethia♡