15 - Brictionary

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 15: Brictionary

I munched on my chocolate bar. It was around two in the afternoon and Jason and I were the only ones awake, Ashton and Trisha were both in the tent, sleeping.

Hmm, this is yumolicious.

"Yumolicious? Is that even a word?"

I turned around to look at Jason.

Did I just said that aloud?

"Yes, and you're still doing it." Jason replied, biting into his own chocolate bar. "You haven't answered my question."

I narrowed my eyes at him,

"Yes, it is a word."

"According to?"

"Brictionary." I replied immediately, widening my eyes when I realised what I just said.

"Brictionary?" Jason echoed, snorting. I took a deep breath.

This boy was driving me crazy.

"Brianna Dictionary. Bri-ctionary. Get it?" I replied, annoyed.

"Ah, yes, of course. The Brictionary. And I take it you're the author of this uh famous dictionary?"

"Yes."

"So, author of Brictionary, what is the meaning of yumolicious?"

"It's a combination of yummy and delicious. So, yumo-licious." I replied. Jason simply raised an eyebrow.

"I thought the word's yummilicious, or something like that."

"Originality, my Prince, you should learn from me." I retorted.

"Learn from you? Ha! And become a weirdo like you?" Jason laughed. I shot him a glare.

"Says the guy who treats his best friend's home more than he treats his own." I retorted. That was true, he particularly lived in our home. He probably spent more time in ours than in his. Suddenly, Jason's face turned dark, the smirked was wiped off, and he said,

"You don't know what you're saying."

"Of course I do."I breathed, trying to keep my voice calm. Then I asked him a question I had always wanted to ask, "Why don't you ever spend more time in your own house, I mean, it's the largest and prettiest and best castle in Sherfil! I'd kill to live there!"

It was every girl's dream to live there, as that would mean, to them at least, marrying Jason and being a princess. Not to me, of course, I just loved the castle, the garden, the rooms, the... everything, except marrying Jason, of course.

"You would?" Jason replied, with a lop-sided grin, I signed in relief inwardly.

At least Jason looked more his normal self.

"Yeah, I mean, not really kill, kill. I mean ... yeah." I finished off lamely.

"I wouldn't. In fact, I'd kill not to have to live there." Jason said with a sigh.

"Is Jason Gilbert scared of ghost?" I asked, nudging him.

"No." He replied curtly.

"Then why don't you want to live there?"

"I just don't, okay?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but he beat me to that.

"It's because of my parents. I don't wanna stay at my house because I wanna avoid seeing my parents."