14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?

Unedited

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 14: Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?

"Right, so I sent one of my assistant to go and talk to Veronica . When we asked her about stuff like, under what conditions can we get Venetia, she replied, I quote, 'Venetian larv bevar Sherfillian' which is in old Venetian language, meaning Venetian laws before Sherfillians." Luke paused before continuing,"There's more. We went and read the records and found that in the questioning of the woman who gave whoever-she-is Venetia -she was called Lina, by the way, the woman I mean- the police told her that she had to tell them everything, everything, but Lina replied the same thing, Venetian larv bevar Sherfillian."

"So, that means that there is more to the story. There's something both Veronica and Lina didn't tell us, something that... um..." I said, trying to find the right words.

"Something that might be important." Ashton interjected. I smiled at him.

"Yeah."

"We know, but there's no way to get the information out of them." Ella, Luke's assistant said.

"Is there anything we can do?" Dad asked.

"Not really, I've been trying to get my hands on the Sherfil-Venetia agreement about the law arrangements, but turns out only four people know about which Venetian laws the Venetians are allowed to keep now. Two are Venetians, so no hope. The two Sherfillians- one is known for following the rules strictly, so getting her to spill the beans is just impossible, the other, well, I do know him, but I'm not sure if he'll tell me as it might cost his job." Luke replied, sighing.

"Cost his job? No, I won't let anyone risk their jobs for me!" I cried, horrified.

"I-" Luke began.

"No, Luke, don't do it. Please. Promise me, please." I pleaded, I couldn't ever let anyone lose their job because of me. Luke and Dad exchanged glances.

"Alright, I promise." Luke sighed. He took of his glasses and placed them on the table.

"Well, on the bright side, things seemed to be quite steady right now. I mean, they haven't found more stuff against you." Ella said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Let's hope they won't, Ella, let's hope they won't." Luke replied.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Come on." Jason groaned.

"Fine, Fine, I'm here!" I cried, running to the stables. It was a school holiday and Trisha and Jason came over to hang out. They didn't want to stay in the house and decided to go out to the secret garden since we couldn't go out because of the paps.

"Do we really have to?" Trisha whined, pointing at the horses. She used to be scared of horses and had just learnt how to ride one last summer, but that didn't mean she liked them.

"Yes, Trish." I replied, giving her a look, "unless you wanna walk to there alone."

"Grr, fine. But you guys go first, I'm going slow."

We rolled our eyes, nodded and mounted.

Soon, we arrived the secret garden and got off. While Ashton went to tend to all our horses - except Maximus, which Trisha was still riding- Jason and I placed the picnic mats, a tent for resting, and took out the food. After that, we sat down to wait for Trisha to arrive and Ashton to finish up with the horses. Jason reached over to grab a sandwich.

"Not yet, Gilbert, Trish hasn't arrived." I said, slapping his hand away.

"Oh, come on! By the time she arrives, it'll be ten, at night." Jason argued.

"Then we'll wait until ten at night."

"Are you nuts? Well, you go and wait until ten at night, I'm gonna eat first." He smirked, reaching over to grab a sandwich again.

"Rude and annoying jerk." I said under my breath.

"Did you say something, Piglet?" Jason stopped what he was doing to look at me.

"Rude and annoying jerk." I said, louder this time.

"Rude and annoying, huh? Well, is this annoying?" He said. Before I knew it, He was tickling me.

"Hey!! Ha ha!! No!! Ha! Stop!! Ha ha!" I yelled, laughing.

Suddenly, he stopped, it took me a second to understand why. We were on the grass, with him on top of me. I looked up and stared into those sky blue eyes, I had never noticed them before, but now that I had, I realized they were very blue, sparkled and very easy to get lost into.

Jason opened his mouth to say something, but before he could utter a word, we heard footsteps and without a minute of hesitation, we jumped apart. Jason scrambled back to his place, and was suddenly very interested in the picnic mat. I sat up grabbed my book and tried to hide my beet-red face.

"Hey guys. Is Trish here yet?" Ashton asked, coming into view.

"No." we said together.

"What happened? Why are you both quiet? And why are both of you blushing?" Ashton asked, peering at me. I hide my face and sneaked a glance at Jason. Sure enough, he was blushing hard.

"Nothing happened." We answered at the same time again.

"But-" Ashton began, plopping down next to Jason.

"Fine! You wanna know what happened? I'll tell you what happened." Jason interrupted. I widened my eyes at that.

"Well, we were laughing about you. Piglet and I here, we were exchanging your embarrassing stories."

"What!" Ashton said, widening his eyes, it was his turn to blush this time. Jason winked at me and I smiled.

"What what?" A voice that sounds a lot like Trisha's said. I turned around to see it was Trisha.

"Hey! You made it!" I said running over to hug her.

"Poor Maximus. Did that girl drive you crazy?" Ashton said, patting his head.

"No, she didn't. However, he drove her crazy." Trisha replied, grabbing her water bottle.

"I believe you, but only because you've started to refer to yourself as her." Jason smirked, popping a grape into his mouth. Trisha shot him a glare and grabbed a sandwich.

"No, let's wait for Ashton." I said.

"What's with you and the whole we-can't-eat-until-everyone's-here?" Jason asked.

"It's called manners, jerk."

"Jerk again? Can't you be more creative with your nicknames?"

"And you are?"

"Of course! Piglet's very creative." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Okay, let's start eating." Ashton said, coming back and grabbing a sandwich.

Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?

"Yes, finally!! I'm starving!" Jason grumbled.

"You just ate a whole bunch of grapes." I states plainly, grabbing a burger.

"Dude, I'm a growing man."

"You're eighteen."

"Still growing, girl, still growing."

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's notes

Heyyyyy;)

A filler chapter, sorry:/

What do you think really happened? Why did Lina gave whoever-she-is Venetia?

Jason, Ashton, chocolates and hamburger,
~Bethia:p