Runaway

Hazel's P.O.V.

   The next morning came and yet I still haven't bumped into Tyler from the last incident where he caught me in front of his room. Despite I did nothing, I'm sure he has some kind of image that I was wandering through his things or whatever. Although, he didn't yell nor talk the moment he found me. I was too fazed out to do anything especially from the drama I was already in, so I just walked past him leaving him behind confused.
You're probably wondering where I am at, to answer your question, I am at school. I just arrived actually. Today I chose to take myself a bit early and when I say myself I meant it because I needed the time to think.
Plus, I miss walking to school, along with the presence, but it's okay.
Before heading out I informed Anna not wanting to get her all worried especially with the stress she's already in with John not around. It's been a while since dad has left, indeed it's been a month yet to me, it feels longer.

Yesterday, I barely slept repeating those specific words on and on all night. It was the reason I couldn't fall asleep realizing that maybe we were charity to them, maybe I was, but is it true?
I also received a text from Melanie, Alec and Seth, yet I ignored Seth's text not even trying to take a look at what he had to say. I really wasn't in the mood to try today that's why I'll probably avoid human interaction. That's how I solve my problems, I run away.
I guess it runs in our family. First Aaron, who had enough of his life requiring change he chose to run off far away from what he left behind. Second, dad, he chose to run away from his marriage taking his useless daughter with him. Mom and Valerie ran away from me avoiding my calls, blocking my number and last but not least, me.
I tend to do the same, but not with major problems like theirs.

I was seated at the first desk in chemistry knowing no one would try to reach me there cause who on earth would choose to sit in the front rows? Yeah, you know the answer.
A part of me chose to sit there afraid to bump into Tyler who might encounter me for finding me outside his room.
The school began to get packed and I was still sitting by my desk my eyes set on my phone trying my best not to raise my eyesight each time someone passed by.

I was in another world as I sat there by the window, my eyes set at the beautiful scenery as the music flowed taking me to this other world that I fantasized about where everything was the same, me, Aaron, mom, dad and Val. Where we were all smiling, laughing and enjoying each other's presence, but you know fantasy has an end to it.

" Hazel "

I turned my head to the side as I heard someone calling my name logging me out of my own world, the fake one.
" yeah "

" Where were you? Why didn't you come with Tyler and the twins? " he questioned looking concerned as he looked me in the eyes trying to figure me out.

" I needed some alone time. " I spoke the truth for once instead of lying and hiding my emotions acting as if they weren't present, but I held them in too long that it ends up hurting more causing more damage than it was supposed to.

Instead of replying he quietly sat in the seat beside me putting his bag aside along with his notebooks, but was soon stopped as I questioned, it came out more of a hiss which wasn't meant to be.
" What are you doing? "

" uhh, sitting? "

" But you don't have chemistry "

" so? " Alec countered his eyes glimmering as he smiled at me before I turned myself back to where I was.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but there are days where I just need to comprehend the hidden emotions inside. They weren't quite hidden, might as well taken over by my mindset telling me it's okay when it was clearly not.