Milkshake

I still see it, the vision I have every nightmare that haunts my sleep.
The screams that strangle me in my sleep, the one escape to this life haunts me constantly.

I heard a giggle come from the side of the bed along with a poke on my head which had me open my eyes in a halt afraid that it might've been a part of my nightmare.

A young boy around the age 4 stood there staring at me in awe, I couldn't help but gawk back at him in awe staring into his beautiful blue orbs.

" Good morning Hazel. " Savannah's voice startled me as I sat up straight staring at her by the door.

" Morning. " I smiled back at her.

" This is Adam, he started whining to see you the moment I told him we had a girl upstairs. "

" He sure knows his goals straight. " I chuckle.

" He sure does. " She affirms chuckling along as I smile down at him giving my attention completely to him.
" Hi Adam. "

" Hi. " He chuckled shyly running over to his mom as he hid his face into her lap.

" We'll leave you to it then, breakfast will be in ten. "

" Thank you. "

I turned to look at my reflection in the mirror staring at what they had to take in, no wonder Adam hid his face in his moms lap. Ten minutes were enough for me to bathe real quick and change into a decent outfit.
Before leaving my room, I grabbed my phone and checked if I had any notifications but what caught my eye was Valery's message saying that mom came home last night which made me smile. I put my phone in my back pocket and walked out of my room to Alessandro's room so that he can lead me downstairs.
I knocked. Nothing.
I knocked again still nothing.
I raised my hand to knock again and just when I was going to knock the door flew open and my fist was mid-air.

" When I don't open the door the first time it means I won't the second. So leave!! " I flinched when a guy my age was yelling straight to my face.

" I was looking for Aless- " I got interrupted with the door being shut in my face.

I stood there in shock for a solid minute before I
It took me a while since I found the dining room, but I guess it was worth it since I'm starving.

All of them were seated down except dad and John which made me frown. I didn't want to be a burden to them. I ended up standing there deep in thought reminding myself that once we had that. We had a loving family just like them.

" Hazel honey, come join us " Anna called me from my world of thoughts.
" I'm sorry I got lost upstairs, so it took me a while to find the way " I apologized
" It's fine hun, we don't mind waiting " she replied
" Where's dad? " I ask
"he and John have some business to do " she answered while motioning for me to sit down.
" I was looking everywhere for you " I whispered to Alessandro
" missed me " he wiggled his eyebrows
" Alexander " I sighed making my second mistake of the day.
" yep, that's my name " he smirked
What have I gotten myself into?
" mom, you called? " Asshole greeted taking a seat with an annoyed look on his face.
" Good morning hun. Breakfast is ready "
" not hungry "
" Okay hold up, I want you to meet Hazel "

" Hazel, this is my oldest son, Tyler. Tyler, this is Hazel uncle Ethan's daughter "
she introduced me, little did she know that I already met him.

" yeah, okay. Are we done? "
" Tyler, this isn't how we treat gue- " Anna scolded but was cut off by me.
"it's fine "

I didn't want to be such a pervert on my first day. Knowing that someone living in your home isn't something anyone would want to wake up to.

  Anna excused herself, following Tyler out of the diner room.