Promises

Alecs P.O.V

The look in her eyes when I turned down Melanie's offer for her to join us in the car was a look I think I could never and will never forget.
The way she held onto her hand in a way to prevent herself from saying something she'd regret.
I've learnt that when she tries to hold something in.

The look that made me realize what I was doing and why I was doing it.

The look she gave me reminded me of her at her worst and how I right now am doing the same thing I comforted her about.

That look. . .

   The way she stood there in shock along with everyone else my eyes didn't leave hers as she stared down at the floor, hurt.

Her shoulders sunk in defeat as she walked away. I wanted to walk after her, but I was held back not with Blake or Tyler, but with Seth who looked at me in disapproval.
As if he didn't believe I would do such a thing.

  It didn't take Melanie and Blake a second to start walking after her but was stopped with Hazels' request.
All of us were shocked at what I did, I included.

Once she was out of sight I turned around and was about to walk to my car when I was stopped with Tyler's words.

" Make your mistake and then run off. "

" You're the one to talk. " I retorted back

" Don't turn this on me! I wasn't the one who blocked her out. " Tyler hissed making me turn to him.

" You think this is only tough on you??
You don't think this is affecting me as much as it is to you?! I thought this was the only way to help me, but I was wrong! " 

I've had it with him. I didn't have to prove myself to anyone wrong, but Hazel.

I put the car on drive and drove off. I needed to cool down and I knew just the place.

The vibe was always the same here, you could hear the sounds of the birds chirping, the crisp fresh air, and
the sound of the water as the raindrops fell, but the energy has changed.
It was always filled with our laughter which was always why I loved this place so much.
It reminded me of how all of us used to love each other where nothing could break us. Where, there were endless hours of jokes, fun and adrenaline but everything had to change somehow.

A year apart and it all changed.
What was the sound of laughter changed into the sounds of tears, struggles and fights?

What was the feeling of love decreased to all the other loose feelings that followed along?

The one place that completed us changed to the place we ran off to when we avoided each other.

The one place that made us smile became the one place we went to, to shed our tears.

The feeling of opening a wound over and over again makes you feel numb right? That's how I feel when I come here. I've realized how sad I become when I come here, but last time when Hazel came it was...
Different...

   All of us acted the same, we joked around, laughed to the point where we forgot how it changed to come here. We interacted like before, like best friend's again that weren't actually broken.
That day Hazel was so lighthearted like she wasn't in her worst states the day before.
I've learnt that about Hazel, she lives day by day. If Sunday didn't work out well, she'd believe Monday will. It wouldn't stop her at that point in her life and I admire her for that.
She could be so strong yet sometimes feels so weak when she doesn't notice that she's the strongest out of us. It's evident that something or someone affected her in her past. It defines her attacks, yet she tries to overcome them, to fight them.