Elliotte

Hazels P.O.V

I was told never to run away from my problems because there shall always be a time where they'll find their way back to me, yet it soothes me knowing I have time to fix them before they come back to hunt me down.
I didn't fear the problems, I feared the outcome of the problems that I had no play in.

I didn't fear the questioning that was awaiting me but afraid that I myself have no answer to any. It feels like as much as I know now has never been accessed to me, yet everything is all out in the blue waiting for me to put all the pieces together to form the daunting large puzzle that needed more than one person to put together. Moms' letters were the carved pieces that lied in the middle, Aaron's threats were the pieces that put the puzzle together and Dad's allegations were pieces that were left last to put in the puzzle to form the final quandary.
I had no intentions in being in the station where I shall be questioned over and over without me knowing the answer to and I shall and will not be put in a situation where I should answer any lie for them to let me go, I wasn't going to be a part of this deadly conspiracy, and I definitely wasn't going to play by their game which might lead me to answer the way they want me to rather than fishing for the truth.

I knew that If I were to tell Anna or Valery where I was heading somehow, they'd end up giving in and telling where my whereabouts were, so I had no choice but to head out the moment before the house came to life.
Sunlight wasn't out, yet it didn't feel like dawn either, the timing was perfect but vague knowing not everyone that left at dark in a quiet state meant good out of it.
I was petrified knowing I was leaving town on my own in the dark waiting for a taxi to drive by which seemingly felt impossible.

It surely wasn't safe, but it was the safe option for my mental state to finally be at peace.

I gave the taxi driver the address as soon as I stepped foot into his car. I felt tense, scared but I constantly reminded myself of the day I was at the station and how I got strictly questioned which eased my nerves a bit.
Throughout the drive I tried to focus my attention on what I was looking for and what it is that I'm questioning.
I wrote down everything I understood from moms notebook and what she could've of meant by the hinted pronouns that she'd left untitled. I tried putting together why it was that dad had to go twice back home, why he had the paper that was ripped out of moms journal and how he must've known about it.
I thought it over and also remembering that Aaron's actual letter had a threat to dad in some sort that he's seen mom which was a day before mom commit suicide.
It still doesn't make sense to me that mom commit suicide yet Valery insisted that she was in the worst state she's ever seen her in, which I can understand after reading her wobbly written notes.

At some point, I believed that maybe she was threatened to leave the wobbly written letters behind just to give evidence that she wasn't mentally stable which seemingly caused her to commit suicide, which I yet haven't believed. It couldn't of been dad because it wouldn't sound right on his behalf of his current situation, yet again why is it that he was so caught up with his so called work that Ive seen no result out of.
Again, something doesn't add up.
Aaron is possibly the answer to all my questions leading to the truth that he threatened father about in his letter. He also mentioned in his latest letter that mom greets father in a provoking manner as if to remind him of something or to imply him on what mom may have known.

The words kept going over and over in my head.

" Dear father or what so called to be a father,
I've grown to know you for who you are. I know what happened, I know the truth that you're scared will be put out. I promised them that I'll come back and I will but I won't come empty handed. I've come across visions from when I was a kid to similar moments like this and it helped me put things together and it only makes sense to why Hazel has her attacks and goes through her mental issues because of what has gone up. No wonder you held her back from going to therapy afraid the truth might leak.
P.S. Mom says hi. "