Blame

I walked downstairs to an unoccupied living room, so I took that as my cue to run off. Aka slip through without letting anyone see me, but before I did I walked to the buffet that held all the China's and services to get what I need. It wasn't difficult since everyone was upstairs and Maria probably getting Adam to sleep.
Since I took the store's name, all I had to do was check for the nearby branch. I took the first taxi and told the driver where I'm off to.

I was looking through the section that held all of China's, but yet didn't find the particular one.

" excuse me, do you have any specials? " I asked the employee referring to China's.
Knowing how fancy and unique Anna wants her luxuries to be.

" right this way " the employee started leading me away. I was now in a section that held the most elegant ones and most of them looked beautiful, but I was still looking for the perfect one.

I wasn't going to buy the same China that I broke because the rest of it is going to be useless so I chose to get her another beautiful set that she will most likely like.
I paid the cashier for the set and took a taxi back home aka the Andersons.
I held onto the box as if my life depended on it, maybe it does. Ha just kidding. I ringed the front door's bell since the back door was locked and was met with Savanna herself. It seems that I was busy looking until it reached six pm so it's starting to get dark.

" Hazel, honey, where were you? we were worried " Anna questioned with a curious look on her face. I was too shocked to reply since I didn't think she was gonna be home. I wasn't even sure what to say.

" umm, yeah I had some errands I had to work on " I lied

" alone? Did you walk here? " Anna asked again

" yeah, and no " I replied referring to both her questions knowing she will bombard me with more questions, but luckily she pushed past it and sent me to get ready for dinner. It didn't take me a minute to walk away, still holding the heavy box before she could take back what she said. Thankfully the box was all wrapped up, so I didn't have to explain myself that soon. It's not that she won't take it easy or anything, but I just need time to figure out how to put it out to her.

   According to what Anna said, Dinner was in several minutes, so I have time to freshen up. As soon as I walked into my room I put the box by my desk, grabbed my towel and hopped in the bathroom.
The water splashed against me as I applied shampoo to my hair and scrubbed my body with my vanilla scented body gel. I quickly rinsed myself and walked out to start changing. I picked out my faded jeans and topped them off with one of my favourite t-shirts. I simply blow-dried my hair and was off to go. I'm kinda getting tired of wearing jeans and applying make-up all day, so I started off with no makeup while I'm home. I quickly grabbed my phone and the box and started walking my way downstairs. The box was too heavy so I planned to take the elevator. Ha, who Am I kidding? I never used the stairs here since I got here. Say I'm lazy, although, In my defence, a normal bien will always choose the easiest way to survive. A lot for surviving huh?

I was distracted in my thoughts when I bumped into something, to be more specific a human, don't blame me, the box is covering my view. According to the box it was secure luckily to the person I bumped in. Tyler.

" Before you start yelling or anything the view was blocked and I barely saw where I was going so, I'm sorry " I apologized
taking the box from Tyler and stepping in the elevator taking my way downstairs.
He just stood there with his eyebrows furrowed as if he was deep in thought.

As soon as I laid foot out of the elevator I set the box aside by an unoccupied area hoping no one will come near it. I walked into the kitchen to find Maria cooking silently and Anna nowhere to be seen.

" Hey, Maria, do you happen to know where Anna is? " I asked trying not to distract her cooking.

" she's by her office, dear "

" quick question, where's her office? "

" beside her room, it won't be hard to find "

" mkay, thanks " I smiled, knowing that I'll be able to talk to Anna with no sets of eyes staring at me. I grabbed the box and went to the way Anna's room is. Maria was right, Anna's office wasn't hard to find at all. There was a sign by the door saying
" Mummy's office, do not barge in! " I chuckled lightly to myself at the last part knowing that even with that sign on the door, the boys will barge in within seconds. I knocked on the door and waited silently for Anna's reply.

" come in " I did as I was said and walked in leaving the box by the door.

" Hazel, honey great timing, I was about to call for you " Anna spoke not giving me a field to speak

" oh, sure what's up? " I asked acting cool even though I was nervous as to why she wanted to talk to me, but my nerves calmed down as soon as I laid eyes on her office, and the magazines that were set everywhere. Seems like I had the answer to what she does for a living.

" I wanted to check on you, is everything okay? " she asked looking concerned

" Yeah, I'm fine so far. A bit drama here and there, but overall Everything's good "

" I was told what happened earlier and all I want is for you to feel at home. "

" Yeah, umm about that. I'm not sure what they told you, but either way, I'm sorry, and it won't be happening again " I spoke out of shame

" Hazel, honey, know that you and your father are family to us and that you are welcomed whenever. I don't want you to feel like you're a guest here or a burden cause you are far from that. " Anna clarified

" Thank you, Anna I appreciate it " I smiled

" Do you mind waiting for a sec? " I asked

" of course " I took off and grabbed the box from where I left it and went back inside setting it on her desk.

Anna just looked at me with perplexity written on her face, so I took that as a cue to speak.

" This is an apology for what happened earlier. Please do take it "

" why would you apologize for thoughts running through your mind let alone buy an apology gift for me? " Anna questioned which led me to look at her with pure confusion.

" thoughts? " I asked knowing that each of us was talking about different topics which means she has no idea I broke a plate. So I am going to explain it all. Here we go.

" I think we're not on the same page," Anna said

" Yeah, seems like it " I chuckled

" according to what the boys told me, is that you felt like a burden to us which might have led you to run off as we assumed earlier " Anna explicated

" Ohhh no, earlier at lunch I accidentally broke a plate while helping Maria out in the kitchen so I- " I was cut by Anna

" no, dear It slipped from Mari and that's fine "

" no it didn't, Maria probably wanted to take the blame so that I wouldn't feel bad about it, but that's not true. The truth is I broke it while rinsing the dishes with Amelia " I elucidated It all from the beginning to the end leaving out the part where Amelia was the one who dropped the plate. Anna was accepting about it though, but she didn't like the fact I went to buy her another set getting back to earlier saying that I wasn't a burden and that it was only a plate. " no big deal " she said chuckling.

   During our conversation, Maria came and informed us that dinner was ready.
Dinner was the usual, everyone having small talk while I enjoyed having small talk with Adam who was cheery because he got to sit beside me also because I got to feed him even though at first he didn't accept the idea of saying he was a big boy.
I didn't want to sit around while they needed family time alone, I didn't want them to know that I still felt a burden to them, so I casually excused myself.