Newbie

Hazels P.O.V
I woke up to the sound of loud sirens but eventually it was coming out of the intercom. Turns out they sometimes set it up as an alarm to wake everyone up. Yeah, I think I really am gonna hate this device whether it'll come in handy or not. I walked into the bathroom freshened up real quick and started curling my hair. After curling my hair I applied my usual make-up and changed into an appealing outfit. My outfit consisted of a maroon knitted cropped fluffy sweater, a black short skirt, chic brown boots and a small brown backpack that had a shade of maroon to it. If somebody saw me from back home they'd think they're blind. I never tried to look good at school back home, but here I have a hint of hope that it'll start off as a good beginning despite it didn't start off with a good start.

   I wore my bag and slipped my phone into my bag as I started my way downstairs. It turns out I'm the first to get ready since the kitchen was unoccupied. I wasn't really hungry, so I just sat at the bar waiting for them to come and have breakfast. It was really weird being around them. I mean first off it's awkward as much as I like the house and my room, it just feels like I'm invading their privacy even if dads with me. Second off, I don't even know them. I had so many questions I wanted to ask father. Mainly how does he know John and Anna? And how close are they to keep us at their home?
I guess I'll just have to wait for later to have an absorbing convo with him.
I was too concentrated on my phone to notice Tyler's presence as he took a bowl, a box of cereal and a carton of milk then took a seat next to me on the stools. I didn't bother turning my face to him so I just kept my eyes on my phone. It took a while for the rest to come down and eat breakfast including John.

" Good morning Hazel, how are ya kiddo? " John greeted

" I'm doing good, how are you? " I asked back politely.

" forget about me, tell me how your first day of school was? " John questioned. I noticed Tyler stealing glances at me waiting for my answer.
" it wasn't the best, but I wouldn't say it was the worst either " I replied simply.

" I hated school " John blurted out of nowhere he eventually got hit behind the head by Anna.

" John, the kids. " Anna scolded

" mom, we are sixteen. We're not young anymore. " Alex blurted receiving a glare from Anna which just made me chuckle at their funny behaviour.

" Guys, you're almost late grab a bite and sho "

" I'm not really hungry, so I'll be waiting outside " I notified

" nonsense, I never let anyone out unless they eat something " Anna replied

" honestly, I don't eat breakfast "

She handed me a grenade and a granola bar.
" This will do " she hugged me and kissed the rest goodbye.

    I wanted dad to take me to school today, but I knew I should just take that idea off my mind since he was busy with work and didn't come home yesterday. I didn't want Anna or John to know what happened yesterday or that I walked home so I just hopped in Tyler's car.

   The ride to school was quiet, Alex and Alessandro would joke around once in a while, but I just kept my thoughts to myself.
Minutes later we arrived at school. I just hopped off and waved the twins goodbye before I made my way to my locker. Everyone was still looking at me whispering probably making rumours up but I didn't mind. I still didn't know my way around fully so, I did what anyone would do, ask somebody for help.

" hi, excuse me I was wondering if you can show me where room 50 is. " I asked a girl that was by her locker. She had beautiful brown curly hair and light brown eyes that glimmered under her glasses.