Flashbacks

The weekend flew by fast. Dad barely stayed during the weekend excusing saying he wanted to catch up on work. The Andersons still try to prove to me that I'm not a burden, but that doesn't stop me from neglecting them and the boys. I guess I just need some alone time before I let them in. Let's face it, I barely know any of them. We never even got to introduce ourselves properly.

Currently, I've just finished curling my hair and now I'm in my dressing room trying to figure out what to wear.
I am not really in the mood for a skirt today, so I decided to stick with high waisted jeans, a brown turtleneck sweater with puffy sleeves, brown chic boots, a black belt and topped it off with my black bag.
I applied mascara and lip gloss, tossed my phone in my bag and started heading downstairs.

I was running a bit late since all the boys were already seated by the bar and stuffing their faces with Pancakes, the boys didn't notice my presence until I took a seat at the empty stool grabbing my phone and scrolling casually waiting for them to finish so that we can head to school.
John and Anna approached the bar both wearing formal clothes. Anna offered me a plate of pancakes, but I politely declined still not accepting the idea of eating this early. Soon we were all packed in Tyler's car waiting for Tyler to take us to the place we call hell.
I've only attended three days at school here, so I still get lost if I don't have a guide by my side. I don't obligate any of the boys even though they offer to help, but I can't always hold them back from their friends just for me to get to class early, so I slipped out of the car before any of the guys approach us.
Satisfied is how I felt when I managed to slip through without anyone noticing, I mean who would?

The bell still hasn't rung, so most of the students were out hanging with their friends. I, on the other hand, headed straight to my locker to put my stuff and to hunt for homeroom, before the bell rings and the stampede of students make it harder to wander around.
There were a couple of students by their lockers, but I didn't try to approach anyone for help since I didn't like the idea of being stuck with them for the rest of the lecture. My words aren't going towards anyone because last week Jasmine was great company, but I still fear the concept of letting people even though I'm starting to accept the idea.

I sighed in contentment as I seated in the far end of the classroom to avoid the teacher's sight.
You're probably assuming that I'm irresponsible and negligent, despite that I manage to ace my grades even though I don't pay much attention in class.
Students started packing the room since the bell rang, along came the teacher and the boring session that was yet to come.

Lunchtime finally rolled around and I couldn't be more relieved. All of my classes were consisting of the teacher explaining their lessons whereas I was wandering around in Lala land.
As soon as I open the cafeteria doors the aroma of fresh pizza hit me, along with students whispering god knows what. I'm still the head of attention here. It doesn't quite bother me though, but I could use a break from all the rumours spreading around. I stood in line along with the rest to grab lunch, when I felt someone poking me on my side. It didn't take me a second to figure out who it is when I heard the cheery voice call my name, or shall I say my new nickname that I'm not fond of.

" Milkshake girl! "

" Alec " I chuckle

" I guess they were right when they said your outfit was lit " he nudged me with his elbow.

" what!? Who said what?! " I screeched turning bright red making Alec burst up at my sudden panic.

" Don't ask me, I heard girls whispering around about your outfit and guys, you know being guys " He laughed

" at least there are no new rumours" I sighed

" where were you today? Didn't see you with the boys when they arrived " Alec questioned taking his tray.