Rumors

Entering the school doors, I was greeted with the same sweet lavender scent. I made my way to my locker catching more people's attention probably from the drama from yesterday. Today, I had to wear a sweater to cover the bruise from showing knowing it'll lead to more rumors. In case you were wondering, I was wearing my Holland blue colorblock over sized knitted sweater with my skinny blue jeans aside from that I wore my black leather bag and my white sneakers. I wore some accessories here and there along with my gold hoop earrings. According to make up, I just applied mascara and lip gloss.
After grabbing my things from my locker I walked off to home room trying my best to ignore the stares and act confident.
Today, I sat in one of the front seats. Not, too front though. You're probably asking why? As an answer to your question: it is because I want to take my mind off things basically the whole Dylan drama.

The rest of my classes went like that, me focusing on my lessons for once while the rest of the class would either doodle or text. If it wasn't for me trying to take my mind off things I would've been doodling big time.
It was now lunch and I wasn't looking forward for any drama like yesterday ,so I chose to walk to the nearest restaurant and grab a bite.

I pulled out my ear phones, plugged them and started walking off.

Several minutes later I arrived at one of the most heavenly places on earth: Burger King.

The aroma of Burgers and fries hit my nostrils and it smelt good. I ordered my food and was looking for a place to sit when a group of guys and girls started making conversation with me.
At first I was like wth? Why are they talking to me but as soon as they started complementing my confidence I knew they were from school.

" It's peculiar to see a person other than his friends stand up to him " One of the guys spoke

" yeah, What you did was really confident of you ,but you should keep an eye. Everyone try's to keep a low status to stay away from his outbursts. " A girls spoke up

" yeah, I guess I should keep an eye, but he couldn't do a thing, could he? " I asked chuckling trying to make myself sound irresistible

" trust me when we say he can do anything " the same girl spoke

" She has the Andersons, they know how to deal with him. I mean, they have before. "

" no, you guys got it all wrong. I don't have the Andersons. Everyone's got the wrong idea. I'm not even friends with them, they just happened to stand up for me yesterday " I defended them so that they can't get them or the guys involved.

" So you don't live with them? "

" I do, but it's only temporary for personal reasons "

" oh, the whole school has got it the wrong way then "

" rumors "

" yeah, especially at our school rumors spread fast " as they said that the waiter came with my order in hand. I showed him off to my table and ended the convo before giving them a task to do.

" Do me a favor and spread the truth for me. The last thing I want is for anyone to get in trouble because of me. "

" consider it done " one of the girls affirmed me

" It was nice talking to you, oh and thanks "

" no prob, take care, Hazel "

" will do " I waved and hurried off to my table and started eating ,so that I can get back to school.
I was on my way back to school when I got a call from dad.

" hey, pops " I greeted knowing he hated when I called him that.

" what did I say about calling me pops? It makes me sound old " Dad explained for the hundredth time making me chuckle.