Prologue

I felt like my heart dropped below my stomach after I heard my secretary via phone call. I was at a club with my friends from the business industry having some chats and good firing whiskey when my secretary just informed me that the one and only woman left in my life got a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital a few minutes ago. No. This couldn't be. This is the third time it happened to her and I remembered what the doctor told me that the next time it will occur again, it could be the worst nightmare I would never want to imagine. Shit! I cannot take someone important to me leaves me like this again.

I took my car keys and immediately drove off to the hospital where she was taken. My hand was shaking and trembling out of worry while I'm holding the steering wheel. I felt so nervous, and no matter how I tried to keep my tears from falling, I felt like my heart was being crushed into tiny pieces.

One more right turn and I can finally reach the hospital when I saw a few police officers executing a road checkpoint on the end street. God damn it! I'm in a hurry, and for Pete's sake, I had three glasses of whiskey earlier. I wanted to make a U-turn, but there were already packs of cars behind me.

After a few seconds, I saw a policewoman walking towards my car. She really cannot wait to catch a lawbreaker tonight, huh? My eyes widened the moment she stood up beside my car window. Fuck, I knew her! I couldn't be wrong! This was the witch who tried to lock me behind the bars last week.

Well, that was just an accident! I met her in one of the grocery malls I own in Seoul. She was doing her groceries while I was roaming around the area to have a little inspection. I was so startled to see a creepy-crawly perched on top of the pumpkin I was holding. I almost screamed and went hysteric when it latched on my hand. Aside from I hate insects because they're disgusting, I have an Entomophobia since I was a kiddo.

I was shaking my hand to keep the insect away from my skin, and all eyes in the grocery mall were looking at me. I was sure they were grinning at me deeming like I was an idiot creating a scene just because of a tiny insect. It was one of the horrible moments of my life, and it went worse when I accidentally hit a woman's ass behind me. One of my palms got wrapped around that woman's tiny left bump on her back. Mother of all angels, why my hand ended up there?

The woman screamed in horror when she realized I was holding one of her jugs. Shit! Honestly speaking, the pumpkin I was holding earlier was much way bigger than hers.

She looked at me with a shock drawn on her pale face and instantly threw a fist on my hard cheek... "Jugule!?"

"I-- I'm sorry... It was not my inten--" I apologetically said, but I wasn't able to finish my last word since she punched me again on my well-shaped long nose!

"Sorry your face!" She said, gritting her teeth.

God, I was just holding back because she's a woman. If she isn't, I would have already hit her back hard. A few securities arrived at where we stood, and when one of them was about to call me 'Depyonim' I immediately shook my head and signalled them to go back to their posts.

She's beautiful though, but her angelic and innocent features don't suit how hard she punched my face without any single grace. It hurts! I felt like my jaw got numb and my perfect nose got misaligned.

"Miss... It was an accident!" I said, almost begging her to believe me.

She crosses her arms and gazed at me with more widening eyes... "Accident? You squeezed my-- my bu-- butt!"

I felt all my nerves were rising up in my whole body... "Ya!" I shouted at her as I couldn't get hold of my anger anymore.

I wasn't able to dodge my stand when she harshly took my collar suit and dragged me outside the grocery mall. This woman is unbelievable! How could she do that to me without hearing my valid reason? What happened was purely an accident, and I swear to God, I didn't have any plans to hold a stranger's ass without permission...