Chapter Three

Chae Yoon's POV

"He's really an asshole!" The first words arose from my mouth the moment we entered my apartment unit.

Chi Soo and I just got home after meeting up with Jin Woo. Of all the men I've met in this lifetime, he's the only one I knew who's so full with himself! He's a total narcissistic. Does he really think I'll fall in love with him? Seriously? I couldn't even stand too close to him because he's so annoying! He's a jerk! A pervert!

Even if he's the only guy left in this world, I will never ever like him. Yuck! No, thanks!

I marched my feet going to the sofa in my small living room. Chi Soo didn't go to his own unit yet so he's still here with me taking a seat beside me on the sofa. I found him crossing his arms over his chest while curiously glaring at me like I'm hiding a big secret from him.

"What!? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Chi Soo and looked at him as I leaned my back against the sofa.

"You know... You looked so good together." He smirked playfully.

My eyebrows furrowed and my face showed a disgusting expression at him... "Yuck! I will never ever like that asshole! Over my dead sexy body! My god, he's not my type for Pete's sake!"

"Are you joking on me, girly? He's so handsome and so hot! Are you out of your mind?" Chi Soo blurted.

Of course, this gay friend of mine would consider him like he's the hottest guy on earth. I bet all of the men in this world are handsome for him. I don't really know what's wrong with this gay's eyes!

Before I could retort back at him, Chi Soo stood up and walks towards my kitchen. He opened the fridge and took two bottles of Soju as well as small glasses from the kitchen counter divider. He goes back to sit beside me and placed the things he brought on the table in front of us.

"But I have a question, though... Why did you both end up having this arranged marriage? I know you're not the kind of woman to be tangled with this kind of setup." He asked while opening the bottles and started filling our glasses with Soju.

I let out a deep exhale... "It's because of our halmonis."

He paused and looked at me, getting even more curious... "Huh? Why? Did your Mi Ran halmoni borrow a big amount of money from Jinwoo's halmoni and you, marrying him is the payment for that debt?"

"Crazy! Of course, not..." I chuckled, grabbing the glass of Soju and poured it straight into my mouth. "What is this? A kind of soap opera?"

"Eh, what? Cut the chase and just spill it out, palli!" He demanded, wiggling his shoulders.

I poured my glass and drank another Soju before answering him... "Our halmonis are both best friends since they were in middle school. They parted ways for thirty-two years when my parents got married and decided to relocate to Jeju. They met again a month ago, and decided to make their ridiculous childhood promises to come true."

"So you mean... Your halmonis promised before to each other that once they have their own girl and boy grandchildren, they'll make them marry to each other?"

"Exactly!" I agreed, pointing a finger at him.

I got stunned when he let out a loud laugh... "Oh my gosh! I didn't know this really happens in real life, girly! It's exciting!"

I brought my index finger to tap against my lips... "Shh! Can you please lower down your voice? I'm sure Halmoni is already sleeping in my room." I whispered and slapped his sidearm, firing an annoying gaze at him... "And please, it's not funny! I feel like they're getting my fucking life from me. Uhhhrg! I don't want to be stuck with that asshole!"