Chapter Twenty Two

Author's Note:

Hello! Just a quick shout out to the talented Julia @randompetite for the chibi-art you made for our #ChaeWoo couple. Thank you, Julia! It's so cute! 🥰

 Thank you, Julia! It's so cute! 🥰

Link: https://twitter.com/randompetite/status/1426354608851595272?s=21

***

Jin Woo's POV

The past month that I spent with my wife had been nothing but full of love and bliss. There were still days that I still couldn't believe the life that I have now with her. It's still surreal for me, but most of the time, it feels like I'm in seventh heaven. Oftentimes, I'd still find myself zoning out while looking at Chae Yoon every time we were in the kitchen as she cooks for our breakfast or dinner. While she's around my arms in the bed, sleeping so soundly. While she fixed my suit before going to work, and every little thing that we do together. In the office, I'd sometimes lost my focus when having meetings because my wife has been running all around my head. I felt like I was addicted to her, that even just for a short time without her beside me, I'd feel like I missed her already like an eternity. Is it normal? Normal to be this in love with my wife? Obsessed perhaps? Am I?

I shook my head while smiling, looking at the thing that was placed on top of my office table. From leaning my back against the swivel chair, I leaned closer to my table and reached for what was placed on it. I opened its lock and took the thermo-steel lid, immediately smelling the delicious dishes inside it. Yes, it's Dosirak or what other people called- a lunchbox.

Chae Yoon has been preparing this for me everyday for work. At first, it was only small bits of fried rice, stir-fried kimchi, pan-fried sausages, and fried eggs. But each passing day, the more and more food she puts inside it. Is Chae Yoon trying to make me gain weight? I tried calculating in my mind the calories I'm about to have when my eyes caught the heart-shaped fried egg on top of the rice. I couldn't help but bit my inner cheek. Never have I thought that my wife would become sweeter and sweeter like this every single day. She has become more obtrusive in the right way now with her feelings towards me, and I couldn't be luckier to have her in my life. To love her more, and to be loved back by her.

"Depyonim, Mr Gu is here to see you." I came back to my senses when I heard Secretary Jang's voice a few steps away from me.

When I lifted my face to her, I immediately saw the smiling face of Gu Seung Jun entering the door of my office, passing beside Secretary Jang. What is he doing here? And why does he always appear every mealtime?

"Hyung!" Seung Jun greeted me as he walked towards my table. I stood up from my chair and forwarded my fist to him for a fist bump. After we did, I noticed his eyes lowered down to my lunchbox and took the chopsticks beside it. "Wow! I'm on good timing. I'm starving to death!"

Before he could grab a single sausage, I instantly stopped him by the wrist and looked at him with feisty eyes. "Don't you dare, Seungjun-ah."