Chapter Thirteen

Jin Woo's POV

I woke up this morning finding myself all alone in Chae Yoon's bed. When I glanced at the clock on the bedside table, I saw it was already seven twenty-two in the morning. I clutched the messy blanket swathed around my naked body before sitting up straight and turned my head to where the bathroom was located. I couldn't hear the shower is turned on, so I bet Chae Yoon already finished taking a bath earlier, and maybe, just maybe she's now in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us.

Is this how good it feels like when you're married? After having hot night sex with your wife, you'll wake up with this kind of satisfaction, and soon share breakfast with her early in the morning? Wow! I've never thought about this before...

I closed my eyes for a bit and curved my lips up for a smile. Damn, I know I needed to be back today at work, but I don't want to leave my house yet right now. I want to spend another time alone with my wife. I want to take care of her again, and of course, make love with her in the bed.

Hmm, make love... Of course, for me, I considered it that way even though I know it's only a game for Chae Yoon. It's undeniable that my relationship with her is now improving day by day and I'm totally happy about it. This is a better start for our marriage, right? Possibly soon, we're going to work on this marriage for real, aren't we?

I decided to get off of the bed and quickly collected my clothes that were scattered all around the floor, but only wore my boxer shorts. I fixed my strewed hair first before walking towards the door. The moment I opened it, I immediately rose straight to my living area where I could peek in the kitchen only to find an empty table, lifeless furniture, and deafening silence around the house. Shit! There's no single sign of Chae Yoon. Where is she? Did she go to work already?

I let out a deep exhale when I realized she left me without any single message after what happened to us last night. Damn! What do you expect, Yoo Jin Woo? Daydreaming again that your wife will warm up to you that easily?

I know she doesn't feel this way yet towards me, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible for Chae Yoon to like me and develop romantic feelings for me, right? I think I just need to make an effort for her to like me. I think I just need to be more patient with her. And whatever's going to happen, I will fucking pursue you to be mine, Ha Chae Yoon.

Chae Yoon's POV

"Chaeyoonssi... Can I have a word with you?" That deep and baritone voice made my body halted for how many seconds. Gosh! I miss hearing that voice of him. It's been three days since I had my three days leave, and now I'm totally back at work. I couldn't help but bit my lower lip before I turn my swivel chair around to face him.

Then I stood up, shyly looking up at Jung Woo Sung's handsome face in front of me. "Uhmm... Hi. Good morning, Sunbae."

He gave me a little smirked, but I could still see his bright white teeth like he's a model for a toothpaste brand. I briefly bowed down my head to hide my giddy smile. I can even smell the strong fragrance of his perfume. It's running all the way to the pit of my stomach. Shit, it's still early in the morning, but why it suddenly went hot in here?

"Good morning, Chaeyoonssi..." He responded to me with a soothing voice. What a good day to start my day, right? But before he could see my idiotic smile, I found him inserting his hands in his pockets before gazing up at me. "I hope you're not busy, Chaeyoonssi."

"Uhmm... No... Ahh... Why? What is it, Sunbae?" Fuck, I quite stammered because I can see his eyes suddenly went dark. Should I be nervous about this? What if he'll ask me for a date? God! I will really say yes!

"Do you remember my twenty years old niece? My late hyung's daughter?" He said in a raspy voice.

"Ahh, yes, Sunbae..." I slowly nodded and breathed a deep air. I don't know if he noticed my disappointed face and voice. I stood straight and crossed my arms over my chest to compose myself professionally. No matter how I wanted to expect anything from him, we're still workmates and I don't want him to see me acting like a bitch teenager trying to flirt with him. And for God's sake, I almost forgot that I'm technically married. "The one we've been waiting for to give her statement about her last conversation with her father?" I added.