Chapter Eleven

Chae Yoon's POV

My whole body suddenly arrested the moment I heard Jin Woo's words shot right through me. What? He's falling for me? Really? Is he fucking kidding me? Did I really hear him correctly, or am I just hearing things in my head?

I deeply swallowed my saliva when I saw Jin Woo's face resigned with regrets. He bowed down his head and tried avoiding my shocking gaze. He looks like a little boy who just admitted his feelings to his first crush in their neighborhood. But why the fucking fuck I find it so cute? Jin Woo's ears were so red and his Adam's apple was bobbing up and down in front of me.

For how many seconds, I found myself pressing my lips together. I'm even sure that my cheeks are now flushing like a red spaghetti sauce. I want to laugh at him, but he's so serious!

"Are you still drunk, Jinwoossi?" I uttered annoyingly instead, pretending that his revelation didn't bother me. "I think you need to go back to your bed and sleep. I have to go, and don't you ever try calling or texting me."

Before he could even respond to me, I directly turn around and faced my back at him. I walked towards the main door and tried so hard not to look back at where Jin Woo was standing. He became silent. I thought he's going to go after me, but he fucking didn't. I heard no words from him.

I got out of his house but I felt like my mind was left inside with him. Why the hell his words keep replaying in my head like a broken cassette tape? Grr! I don't want to be bothered with it. I want to wash his words in my mind away!

//

I decided to go back to my apartment unit today. I want to check on my grandmother how she's been doing there all alone. She said that next week, she'll go back to our province so I want to have a bond with her while she's still here in Seoul.

"Halmoni... I'm here!" I called her the second I got inside my unit.

My grandmother promptly popped out from my room and she greeted me with a big smile on her lips. I gladly embraced her and tapped a quick kiss on her cheek.

"My dear... Why you're here? You looked so excited, huh? Are you bringing some good news to me about your married life?" She said as we took a seat on the sofa.

But, wait! Do I really sound excited? Gosh! Of course, not... My grandmother is saying silly things again.

"What are you talking about, halmoni? I just want to visit you. I miss you, you know!" I uttered and laid my head on top of her thighs. I miss having this kind of moment with her, especially smelling her very homey scent.

My grandmother's hand went on my hair and she began smoothing her fingers on it. I looked at her face and my eyes broaden when I noticed she's giving me skeptical stares.

"Hmmm... I think something really happened. Care to share it with halmoni, my dear Chaeyoon-ah?" She asked playfully, giving me little chortles.

"Halmoni... I swear, nothing. I just miss you." I grinned and grasped my face on her stomach. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I found myself having a giddy smile on my lips. Of course, I hid my impish face against the clothes she's wearing. Why the hell I felt something inside my stomach is vibrating? This is crazy!

"Are you sure you won't tell me? Then maybe I'll just guess it..." She breathed and I gazed up at her, nipping my lips together. I saw her eyebrows met as if she's thinking something whimsical thoughts on her mind. After a few seconds, she peered down at me again. "Omo! Are we already expecting our great-grandchild from you and Jin Woo?"

It made me sat straight on the sofa as I was startled at her words. "Halmoni!" I beamed at her unbelievably. Gosh, why would she think of that too early? I mean, no, why would she think of that way? Of course, I don't have any plans to settle down forever with Jin Woo and build a family with him.