Chapter Seven

Chae Yoon's POV

This day has finally come. Our absurd wedding day. I don't know what exactly to feel. This should be one of the special moments of a woman's life, but I couldn't even form a single smile on my lips. I felt empty. I don't know if I should cry for being in a situation like this. I want to run away from here, but I couldn't. I felt so trapped and helpless. Our grandmothers gave us no choice, but to follow all the things that they wanted. Is this really what meant for me?

I'm currently here in a white gloomy room sitting alone on the big couch surrounded by beautiful fresh flowers the same that I have in my hand. I am wearing Jin Woo's mother's wedding dress that was altered for my fit by that wedding boutique we visited two weeks ago. I exactly don't know how long I have been sitting here. One hour? Almost two hours? I really don't know. My eyes were just stuck down to the floor with random thoughts on my mind. I couldn't count anymore how many times I had let out heavy breaths from my lungs. I hope this is just a nightmare, and tomorrow when I wake up, I will have my normal life back again with me.

My attention was captured when I heard loud steps getting closer to me. I slowly looked up and saw my friend Chi Soo in a floral fashionable tuxedo. The moment our eyes met, he covered his mouth in amusement and took the tiny space on the couch beside me. He holds my shoulders and scanned me from head to toe showing his glistening eyes at me then slightly caressed the cotton lace of my bridal veil at the back of my hair.

"Oh... My... God! Girly! You're so beautiful! The minimal touches of the makeup blended your porcelain skin so well. Gosh! I think you're the most perfect bride I have ever seen in my whole life!" He exclaimed, his voice was so excited as well as his face.

I lowered down my head and avoided his gaze. I'm sure he'd already seen how my eyes were speaking with a lot of weary. I don't care if I look pretty today. It doesn't make me feel any better.

"Hey! This is one of the most special moments of your life! Aren't you happy? Smile, girly!" He added.

I let out a deep exhale and gulped the lump on my throat since earlier.

"Why am I so unlucky, Chisoo-yah?" I breathed, my voice was slightly cracking.

"Girly..." His voice slowly softened. "Cheer up! It's okay... Ever since I met Jin Woo, I didn't see any something wrong with him. He seems like a great man, girly... I think he can be a good husband to you."

"How could I even live with a man that I don't like, Chisoo-yah? I know Jin Woo is not really a bad person, but I don't know... This is just so wrong." I said, still not looking back at him.

Chi Soo immediately stood up when a woman entered the room and walked closer to where we are. I glanced at her and I think she's one of the wedding organizers here in The Shilla Hotel.

"Hello... The ceremony will start in two minutes. I need the bride to prepare for the wedding entourage. Ma'am, shall we?" The woman cheerfully said and formally gestured her hands above her stomach, signaling me to walk through the room's doorway.

I slowly stood up and Chi Soo helped me to lift my wedding gown. The tailor from that wedding boutique added an extension on the back portion of this gown like a long train. The fabric is hallowing to the floor, and I needed to slightly lift it up so I can walk properly even though I already wore three inches sandals on.

Chi Soo collected the length of my gown at the back, and we followed the wedding organizer going to the event hall. She guided us patiently until we arrived at a paired French door that screams so much divinity. I don't know why, but I'm getting more nervous standing alone behind these big doors in front of me.