Chapter Fifteen

Jin Woo's POV

I felt like my heart gripped apart when I had that conversation last night with Chae Yoon. I understand her. I really do... But I would be lying if I'll tell myself that I wasn't hurt at what she'd said to me. Damn! She was not the only one who was forced to be in this marriage. She wasn't the only one who had a hard time figuring everything out how to handle yourself in a situation like this. As a matter of fact, it was harder for me because I've fallen in love with her... It was never my intention. Never! I was even the one who planned for the divorce agreement, but God, I don't think I can let go of her anymore.

They say that you can't stop the feelings you have for someone. It's beyond someone's control. Even your own mind cannot control what your heart really wants, and I would totally agree with that.

Last night, right after I went home from Chae Yoon's apartment, I immediately called Gu Seung Jun. I asked for help from him regarding the fake business trip shit I planned. Even though my grandmother doesn't visit our company more often than before, I know she still has a lot of eyes for our family business.

I sent Chae Yoon's few things earlier in the morning and called my grandmother about the business trip to Busan. I told her that I will be with Gu Seung Jun, and we will be gone for a week. Most importantly, I told her that Chae Yoon will be staying with her grandmother for the time being. Of course, to make it more real, I also won't be going to my house for those days, so Seung Jun and I booked two rooms in a hotel in Sogong-ro.

I also talked to my Secretary about it and told her to inform the rest of the board members in our company about my absence from the office. Every meeting and project approvals of mine will be done via zoom call, and site inspections for me will be on hold for those days.

I hope this will give Chae Yoon enough time about what she needed. I know it'll be hard for me, and I will surely miss seeing her, but it wouldn't hurt for me to respect her decision.

//

"No, just don't put any cards on it. I'm sure she will know where it came from." I said on the other line.

I'm currently on a phone call with one of the best florists in Korea. I just ordered a bouquet of pink peonies to be delivered to Chae Yoon's office... Yes, I'm giving her space to be away from me, but that doesn't mean I will stop letting her feel that she's worth being treated this way. It's already been three days, and I badly miss her so much. She won't be mad getting a gift from me, right?

After the call ended, I stood up from my chair and walked towards the door. Someone's knocking and knowing that it's almost lunchtime, I know it's Gu Seung Jun. He's just staying in the room next to mine of this hotel and every mealtime, he always goes here to my room so we can eat together. Of course, I couldn't say no to him... I was the one who hassled him to be here, so I needed to accompany him.

"Hyung, what would you like for lunch? Bibimbap, spicy chicken, tteokkbokki, or bulgogi?" He says the moment I opened the door. He freely entered in, going directly to the sofa, and turned on the TV.

"Anything will do," I responded as I marched towards the mini-fridge beside my bed.

After a few seconds or so, Seung Jung followed his eyes at me when I started going closer to the mini-study table I set up in my room hotel; which is only a few steps away from the sofa and TV.

He curved his brows at me and crossed his arms on top of his chest... "Have you been drinking all day?" He beamed, gazing at my fingers that were wrapped around the can of beer. "Let me guess, Hyung. Hmmm, your wife didn't contact you even once after what happened, did she?"