Chapter Twenty Nine

Jin Woo's POV

Ha Chae Yoon looked like she'd seen a ghost. Her eyes were wide open, as well as her mouth. I must've shocked her for seeing me here today at the Friendship Light Home orphanage.

I stood straight and tried to act cool as if this moment is not making me feel excited. My heart is racing so fast right now that I could hear the sound of its heavy beat. Chae Yoon is taking my breath away, especially seeing her holding a very cute baby. For a moment, I found myself asking... 'so this is what she would look like if we had a baby before?'

It suits her so much. Really. She looked so amazing. They're so beautiful that I can't dare to take my eyes off of them.

I couldn't help but clench my fists inside my pants' pocket when in my peripheral view, I could see the man beside her looking at me with deeply intense eyes. He's glaring at me like I was a criminal who was wanted for how many years... He's still the same, huh? This well-waxed-hair officer is still annoying and sticking to Chae Yoon like a leech. Is he really Chae Yoon's oppa now? Her boyfriend? Has she really moved on from me and found new love with him?

I forced wiping off that thought in my mind and focused my eyes on Chae Yoon again. Damn! I couldn't sleep well last night because she pretended not to recognize me yesterday at the mall. I know she was just pretending. It hurts me a lot to see her like that. For her to reach that kind of act or play that card on me just to avoid me. Well, I can't blame her. In fact, it's just the beginning. Isn't it? But I had to admit, I felt like someone slapped me so hard in the face. I clearly saw the hurt in her eyes when she saw me. How I wish I could just kneel down, ask for her forgiveness, hug her, kiss her, tell her how much I regretted everything for leaving her and our marriage, and most especially telling her how much I still love her. But I know it's not that easy. I still have a long way to go. I've hurt her so much. I left her with nothing but pain and a divorce paper. I was such an asshole for hurting the woman that I love because I was a big coward.

...I closed my eyes tightly and gulped hard when I felt something twinge in my injured leg again. Fucking shit! Please, not now. Please!

"Depyonim? Are you okay? Depyonim?" I opened my eyes when Secretary Jang kept calling me. She was now standing in front of me with a worried face.

Thank God that the pain in my leg slowly died down so I managed to nod at her and smile. "I'm... fine," I assured her.

But damn, I didn't notice that Secretary Jang and I were now the only ones left standing here after I roam my eyes behind her. Chae Yoon, that well-waxed-hair officer, and Sister Gyeol were no longer here in the garden with us.

I looked at Secretary Jang then checked the surroundings again. "Wh-where are they? Where is she?"

"They already went inside, Depyonim. Are you sure you can do this today?"

"You know how I badly want to see her and be with her again, Secretary Jang. I don't want to waste any more time. I would do anything to win her back." I stepped beside her and started walking to go inside the orphanage's lobby. Secretary Jang wasn't able to do anything but follow behind me.

//

My staff and I are now giving lunch-packed meals, sandwiches, juices, and toys that we brought to the kids. They are lining up in front of us, patiently waiting for their cue. But my eyes were fixed to Chae Yoon holding the baby and that well-waxed-hair officer beside her. I can see them in the garden, just across from where I stood. They were squatting above the red-checkered picnic mat settled in the grass with the other kids, who were playing around and some were eating their snacks and meals.