Chapter Seventeen

Jin Woo's POV

"Jinwoo-yah... What brings you here? God, don't tell me something wrong happened to your halmoni? I didn't receive any call!" Doctor Han worriedly blurted the moment he entered his office and saw me sitting on his sofa.

Yes, I'm currently here in Asan Medical Center. I wanted to personally meet Doctor Han to ask for his advice regarding Mi Ran halmoni's condition. After Chae Yoon told me everything yesterday about what she had found out about her grandmother, I immediately cleared all of my appointments for the whole afternoon. I don't want to waste anymore time. I had to do this because I couldn't take seeing Chae Yoon being too bothered and stressed about it. Even though Chae Yoon was smiling in front of me earlier at home, I could still sense the trouble she's silently keeping in herself... Mi Ran halmoni is now also a part of my family, and I will do everything I can just to help her survive with her condition.

My eyes followed at Doctor Han as he rose straight to his desk and scanned his phone from his white coat's pocket that was hanged at the back of his swivel chair.

Slowly, I stood up from the sofa and went closer to him, grabbing one of the seats in front of his desk...

"No, Doctor Han. It's actually my other halmoni." I worded in a sad tone.

Doctor Han's brow shot up in confusion and studied my face for a while before he pulled his seat behind his desk. "Your other halmoni?" He crosses his arms on top of his chest when he got seated and rested his clasped hands on top of the table. "Ahh, you mean your wife's halmoni? Why? What's wrong with her?"

"I know you're the best person I could ask about this, Doctor Han. Can you recommend to me the best oncologist here in Korea?"

"She has cancer?" Doctor Han's voice slightly pitched. I probably made him quite surprised.

I slightly nodded my head. "Please don't tell my halmoni about this yet, Doctor Han... You know, my wife's halmoni is her only best friend, and my halmoni's heart might not be able to take this bad news."

"Yes, yes, I know." Doctor Han nodded his head as well. He held his phone again in his hand and slides the screen, scanning it as he continues... "What type of cancer does she have?"

I bowed down my head, finding my chest getting tight just the mere thought about it. "Breast cancer, stage 4."

"Oh, that's unfortunate news, Yoo Jin Woo." He shook his head. "I'm so sorry to hear about that... Don't worry, I'll recommend Doctor Ryu Eun Min to you. She's the best one in that field here in our country." He took a piece of paper and a pen beside his table, then started writing Doctor Ryu's office location as well as her mobile digits. "Tell her, or any of her staff, that I was the one who sent you to her office, so you will be assisted right away." He then handed the paper to me, and I gladly took it. I glanced at it for a brief second before I secured it in my semi-formal coat's pocket.

After Doctor Han and I talked for a while, I went out of his office and went to the third floor of this hospital's building where Doctor Ryu's office was located. However, when I got there, she was not around for the day and one of the nurses informed me that she will be back on duty the day after tomorrow. Before getting out of the hospital, I checked the piece of paper again and decided to text the number written on it. I politely stated in my message that I need to have an appointment with her as soon as she's available.

As I was walking towards my car in the parking lot, I opened my phone again and clicked Chae Yoon's number. I kept wondering how she's been doing after I dropped her off at the precinct in the morning. Damn! I asked her earlier to only stay at home even for today, but knowing how stubborn Chae Yoon is, she really insisted that she wanted to go to work. She told me she needed a distraction from her grandmother's health condition.