Chapter Twenty Seven

Jin Woo's POV

It's been quite a while since the last time I've been here in my home country, South Korea. I can't believe it's been a year already. It's been a year since I flew to New York. One year since that horrible accident happened. A year since my dearest grandmother was gone.

And it has also been a year since I made the most painful, most stupid, and most difficult decision I have ever made in my life.

**Ladies & Gentlemen, now we're approaching Seoul, where the local time is 14:30. At this stage, you should be in your seat with your seatbelt, firmly fastened. Personal television screens, footrests, and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front. Please ensure all electronic devices including laptop computers and computer games are turned off. Thank you.**

After closing the magazine on the tray table and placing it back on the seat pocket, I rested the back of my head against my seat headrest and slowly closed my eyes. I took a deep breath.

Am I really ready to go back? Am I really ready to continue my life in Seoul? Am I really ready to face what did I leave behind?

I couldn't help but think about those questions again. Minutes from now, I'll finally land my feet again in the city I've walked away from before. I'll finally embrace the ambiance of the city where I called my home. And I'll finally be in one place where I can inhale the same air with the person I've hurt a year ago.

She crossed my mind again.

Ha Chae Yoon.

How is she, though? Is she doing okay as well as Miran Halmoni? Is she still working as a police officer? Did she go back to her hometown, or has she been staying here in Seoul? When did she move out of my house? Is she still staying in her old apartment, or in her dream house that I've built for her? Is she having fun with her close friend, Pyo Chi Soo?

I wonder if... she had moved on? Has she forgotten me? Does she have a new boyfriend now? Is she happy now with her life? Has she forgiven me? Can I still see her? Will we meet again?

"Oppa... Let's go." I heard a familiar voice of a woman beside me that made me come back to my senses immediately. She was already standing in the plane aisle. The passengers were already passing behind her, going out from the plane, while she was waiting for me to stand up from my seat.

I let out a small smile at her. I unfasten my seatbelt and stood up.

"Are you okay, oppa? Seems like you were lost in your own thoughts again. What are you thinking about?" She asked, wrapping one arm around my elbow.

"Nothing." I shook my head, keeping my small smile intact. "Let's go." Then we started walking out of the plane.

When we finally got out, Secretary Jang, Mister Hong, and Gu Seung Jun with big smiles plastered on their faces welcomed us.

"Welcome back to Korea, Depyonim." Secretary Jang and Mister Hong greeted me at the same time while bowing down their heads.

I nodded, then I followed my eyes to Gu Seung Jun, who's walking closer to me. He gave me a manly hug and said... "I can't believe you're finally back, Hyung."

"Then, believe it now." I chuckled at him, tapping his shoulder when we pulled out from the embrace.

But honestly, I can't believe I'm finally back, either.

"This way, Depyonim." I turned my attention to Mister Hong when he gestured his hand at me to show the way where was my chopper waiting for us to ride in.