Chapter Two

Jin Woo's POV

I just came from a long meeting with the board members of our company. The presentations went well, and now I want to reward myself with a good lunchinner. Yeah, lunch and dinner since it's already five in the afternoon. I haven't taken my lunch yet due to the loads of work I had on my plates today. Ever since I became the official CEO of the YOO Group and Foundation two years ago, I'm used to having only one meal a day. It's enough for me to make my body and brain function in one day.

Right after I arrived inside my office, I told my secretary to order my favorite spicy beef bulgogi through my office desk telephone. My stomach is really grumbling right now for food. I felt drained and exhausted because of the meeting. But honestly, I wanted to go to the hospital to check on my grandmother. She's been there for a week already and I'm still so worried about her recent heart attack. I couldn't get the thought away of how serious her condition is. What if... Just what if? She'll really leave me alone this time?

I felt like I couldn't breathe when I realized how frightening I was thinking. It's as if my heart was being stabbed by a sharp knife repeatedly. My hands began shaking, and I felt stings at each corner of my eyes. I immediately washed those thoughts away. It's not yet even happening and what the hell I was really thinking? I felt like torturing myself while minding those horrible possibilities.

I came back to my senses when secretary Jang knocked on the door of my office and entered in.

"Depyonim... Someone named Park Shin Hye is looking for you in the lobby area. One of our lobby attendants already told her that she needed to reserve an appointment with you, but she's really persistent that she want—"

"Just send her in." I cut off my secretary, giving her furrowed eyebrows and lines on my forehead.

"Ne, Depyonim." Secretary Jang responded and bowed down her head before going out of my office.

Shit! Shinhyessi! You really have the guts to visit me in my company's office? When will you ever leave me alone?

Shin Hye. Park Shin Hye, my fucking ex-girlfriend who cheated on me. I broke up with her five months ago when I found out that she's living in with a fucking another man in Barcelona. I felt so stupid. I was the one who helped her to finish her studies in Spain, but she dared to fucking cheat on me for almost two years. Shin Hye was a sweet and innocent lady. We've been together for five years. She's way younger than me, and I've given her all the respect I had in myself because I thought she deserves it. Aside from holding hands, hugs, and sweet kisses, I never dared to lay a finger on her beyond that. I was too afraid I might ruin her dreams in life that's why I was so careful handling myself with her. She's a talented lady. She wanted to be a great fashion designer, and I've given her my full support throughout her journey. But I didn't think those things I did to her were not yet enough just because we're far away. That's one of her bullshit excuses when I caught her. She said to me she have also a lot of needs as a woman. She needs real comfort from the stress she's having while battling with her studies abroad. Then what about me? After all the patience, the respect, the efforts, and love I've given to her, she broke my heart into pieces. She made a big fool out of me, and I felt so stupid for trusting her so well.

I was snapped out of my reverie when I saw her opening the door of my office. I cleared my throat and sits up straight before she could even open the door wider and get inside the room.

"O— oppa..." Shin Hye softly breathed the moment she stood behind the door of my office.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with the most straight face I could give and pretended to scan the papers in front of me.