Chapter 10: A Bit Of Hope

"Another uneccessary day in jail." This thought bounces through my mind repeatedly as I sat down on the floor ignoring all the staring eyes. Accompanying that thought was what she told me about why she wouldn't commit suicide. "I have something to look forward to." There must be something I'm missing. Whatever she said, even if she denied it, she had a tiny bit of hope still in her, but what was it? What could she have possibly been hopeful for?

   She just left about a few seconds ago and went into the direction of the kitchen, a restricted area. The guards should have noticed, they were too busy picking their noses somewhere else. What's in the kitchen that she'd want?

   "Jen..." I was putting pieces together real quick now. I start running even before I stand making me stumble a bit. "Jen! I rush over to the door she went through running as fast as I can and my mind goes wild as I do so. "She's going to do it." I think. The reason that she hasn't killed herself was because she actually did have hope, and there is only one thing that changed when they moved her from her cell to the one next to mine. She had me. Someone constantly reminding her that things could get better. She thought I'd be able to take her out of this hell, but now she's lost all faith in me, and by doing so, losing all hope. The same hope that was keeping her alive.

   I dash through the hallway and I see the kitchen door getting closer. "I hope I'm not too late. She's going to kill herself!"

   I enter the kitchen and see her thrust a knife down to her waist.

Message from the author:
Please let me know if you are enjoying this story, I'd appreciate it a lot. I wanted to wait until I sent chapter 10 but I grew impacient plus I have four more stocked up jic. Thanks for supporting me and all that other corny stuff ~joey (my name)

P.S I'll remove this message later.