Chapter 22: Pact With The Devil

Today I had a plan for Adam. A plan so ingenious that I was making it all night long. A plan so amazing that I have to improvise it... I had no plan. I was afraid of falling into "all bark and no bite", as the saying goes. I was directing all my thoughts towards Adam. There was no way I could hurt him without Jen noticing.

Then it hit me. I can't hurt him physically so I'll do it emotionally. As soon as I sat next to Jen the idea struck me. I was being artificial with her. I just had to act like myself.

"Jen..." She looks up at me with the eyes I hadn't seen in a while. "How... What would you do when we escape?" I hadn't asked her anything like that In a while.

She smiles proving she thought about this often. Adam enters the scene from behind her, unnoticed by jen she begins talking "Like you said, we'd move into a little cottage in the woods together." She begins to blush and even I forget Adam is there as she twirls her hair. "What would you do?"

I shake my head before I say anything weird that'll ruin the moment. "I'd never leave your side." I sit closer to her and she rests on my shoulder. That was the sweet Jen I remembered. Adam's breath was like a bull's. He didn't like me being friendly with Jen, not one bit. He abruptly sat next to me and Jen.

"Hello guys!" He snaps us out of it in a loud voice. "I just remembered something from my old house! I had a pet snake!" Jen leans toward to hear about it.

As they talk I am left alone. With a blank expression on my face I begin to think "This is taking an annoying turn. Why are we acting like this? All I want to do is punch him in the face every time he starts this." He throws a kick behind the table and bumps into something next to me. I return the kick and it lands on target.

"Ow!" He jumps. "Seph, did you just kick me?"

"No I'm pretty sure you hit yourself."

After Jen leaves and we get to have our scheduled talk I try to persuade him into dropping everything. "We're treating her like she's an trophy. Why don't we let her decide in the moment of truth?"

"Why don't we make this interesting?" He says with an evil smile. "When she decides who she wants to be with... The other has to leave her life for good." He extends his hand.

"Deal." I accept his handshake.

Escape to reality (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें