1 year aniversary

A/N
In celebration of one year since I started this story, I decided to post a bonus chapter ;)
-------------------------------------
I hold onto Jen's hand. Both of us sit on a porch in our rocking chairs like two old people. We look forward at the vast grassland and Jen's eyes shine like the day she first saw it. I look back into the bright red wooden cottage to a photo hanged on the wall. It is an old couple holding each other. My mind flashes back to the day we stumbled upon this place we would soon call home.

It wasn't as bright as we were now, but that tough time seems like a speck compared to all the time I've been here with Jen. We were both starving to death. I was almost sure I was dragging Jen's dead body. I collapsed in the cold and misty forest beside Jen and said my last goodbye. I saw last goodbye because I'd never have to leave her again. A light flashes on my face and I peek up and lose consciousness there. I thought it was that shining light at the end of the tunnel and God had finally taken me out of my misery. I was right.

After a few days, I woke up to an unfamiliar room with the sound of chatter in the next room. Disoriented, I woke up with all my senses alert to see Jen sitting next to this old couple talking. She had a warm cup of chocolate milk warming her up in the cold morning. She turns her head with a smile and the smile immediately leaves her face. The old couples eyes jot towards mine and I feel like I had a bounty over my head for strangling babies. Jen shoots out of her chair and embraces me. There's strength behind her arms. She seems well fed and healthy. "You're awake..." her voice sounds cut into fragments. She cries under my chest.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask.

"A whole week!" Jen smacks my arm. "... But you are awake..." her eyes tear up, but her face is adorned by the brightest smile I have ever seen on her.

My face was as lost as ever. The couple gets up. "I'll give you two some time to catch up. We'll make lunch."

They leave, I still unknowing of who they are, but Jen doesn't bother to explain. She takes my arm and drags me out. "There's something I want to show you."

We walk by on a backyard garden, green hedges and flowers everywhere. It was just like being in one of the wonderland books. "This is-"

"Amazing." she finishes my sentence.

I take a good look at her and don't see any part of her that feels unreal. She truly is there... I eventually break. I can't hold it and and I burst out with tears. We always were the sensitive type. She stays strong and states on. "They say they'll take care of us... I told them everything, all that happened and they are willing to adopt us!" She takes my hand in hers. "We can finally be together in peace..."

I state into her eyes and both of our faces turn bright from embarrassment. Around us was a forest, Jen's dream. I was with Jen, my dream. We had a home, our shared dream. I press on her hands and pray I will feel her hands squeeze back and they do. I look at her and only three words find their way our of my mouth. "I love you..."

I avoid eye contact with her and her actions are a clear response to her feelings. She gets on the tips of her toes and kisses me on the cheek followed by a warm embrace...

It's been five years since that. The old couple passed away soon after teaching us how to survive and we've been living on our own ever since. I still look at Jen the same way I did back then, and she still looks back into my eyes the same way she looks at the trees she loves so much. I place my hand on her stomach knowing that soon she'll have another thing to love, and another reason to live. Life is perfect, isn't it? Looking at Jen, she begins to twitch in a strange manner. I just smile through.
------------------------------------
Sorry for the sloppy writing ;-; it was kinda rushed, but this is finally, officially, the END of Escape. Oof! Feels good B) now I can focus on Monster Hunter. If you haven't read it, check it out. It's adventure/comedy/a slight bit of romance/and a bunch of future drama XD This is my last goodbye concerning Escape. Bye ^.^ (I'll leave the true ending up to you)