Chapter 31: Break! part 2

Seph's POV

   I retrieve the lighter and knives from under the tables and rush over, in the darkness, to the library. I can hear loud thumps followed by Jen's voice in the distance. I wish you guys the best. I have to continue with my mission. I enter the library and begin to set fire to the books. I finally see light cut through all the darkness.

   A light shines from behind me. I freak out. It's a guard! Adam appears at the door. "Oh god!" I hold my heart "You scared me! Here." I pass him a knife. "Make sure no one comes in here. Did you get the keys?"

   "Yes." He answers as I continue to spread the fire. "All we have to do is get Jen and leave."

   "Gotcha." The fire in front of me grows. I think this is enough. "This is it. We're making it out of here!"

   I stand up with a blazin fire behind me. Adam hasn't turned. He has been staring at me the whole time with a determined look on his face. "What's wrong?" I ask

   "I want to thank you..." Well that was unexpected. "If it weren't for you we wouldn't be escaping." This is very nice, but it's not the time. The fire behind me is getting bigger and he is blocking the way.

   "That's nice, but we really shouldn't weast time." I try passing through him, but he pushes me back.

   "I wanted to thank you..." He gets a scary smile. "... But that doesn't mean I like you... I plan on escaping without you. Eliminate the competition early in the game."

   "What are you talking about?! We are weasting time! Move out the way!" I head over to tackle him, but he points his knife at me.

   "I'm sorry... But only one will make it out of here with Jen, and this fight decides it. You and me both know who's going to win."