Chapter 15: It'll Pass

I finally give up on entering the conversation. They are too focused on themselves. I'll just wait until it turns night to tell Jen what I got from the old man. Maybe I'm worrying too much. I should just not put much thougt on it and lose the sensibility that has been cultivated throughout all the years I've been here. This is just taking away my focus from escaping.

I stand up from the table and they didn't even notice me leave. It'll pass. They will just talk it out until they've got nothing to say and things will go back to normal. There's no need to feel jealous.

That night I leaned over to Jen's cell and called out to her. "Hey, Jen"

"Yes?" She answers almost immediately.

"I have information on our escape."

"Are you serious!? Already? Why didn't you tell me?" If she had payed any attention to me she would have known sooner, but I let it slide.

"Nevermind that, I talked to someone who's been here for a while. His name was Eugene, he says his friend tried escaping and almost succeeded by lighting something up on fire and running while the guards had their attention on the fire. We could try something in that direction and make it out." I kind of say my words with basically no emotion what's so ever.

"That sounds great, but you sound a little down, what's wrong." It seems her senses are more awake when she's not around Adam.

"I still don't feel good." I was getting too comfortable with lying. I read people lying in the books and I asked myself why people couldn't just be honest and now I find myself doing the same thing. "What do you think about it?"

"I think it's definitely going down on the list, but we should be patient and see more options."

"I agree." I couldn't concentrate on the conversation. I was too busy thinking. "How did he manage to strike conversation with her if she's so shy?" Until finally I asked. "So how did you meet Adam?"

"You told me to gather information about everything I could, and to not be antisocial. I tried talking to people, but none would be willing to speak, until I saw Adam, who looked new. I followed your advise and spoke to him. Turns out he knew about the outside world."

I didn't say that! When did I say that? This triggers a flashback. "Okay, just gather information about everything you can. Anything could be useful." I was telling Jen what to do and she nodded as we walked into our cells. "Oh!" I tell Jen "Stop being antisocial, Talk to people." Damn it! I did say that! It was a good thing Jen wasn't face to face with me because I was literally banging my head on the wall. So much for 'I shouldn't worry to much about it.'

"Did you gather anything important?" I say rubbing my head in pain.

"No... Not really." She says disappointed in herself.

"Don't worry about it. It's only been a few days." I try comforting her and hear her agree.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Why on earth do people keep skipping chapters? Explain! I am new to wattpad. Is that like a bug?