Chapter 18: This Means War

It feels like Jen hates me. She has been ignoring me ever since the incident. I can't stop imagining both Jen and Adam leaving me behind and escaping together. Why is life so unfair? I've called out to her cell many times, but she won't answer. If I tried to explain she wouldn't believe me. I have to find a way for her to believe me before she falls in the hands of Adam.

   I silently pound the wall "After all we've been through. After saving her life, kissing her. All of it has gone down the drain because of Adam." I feel like I'm losing it. I spend restless nights plotting on how to ruin Adam's life, but no matter what I can't come up with a full proof plan.

   I have been sitting in the usual spot where Jen and I met face to face, but she acts like I'm not even there. This sucks! Why do the bad guys win? I have to think of whatever comes to mind. Some way to make Adam look bad.

   The next day rolled along. "Adam." I called him while he and Jen were in a conversation. "Why did you have to break the leaf I had for Jen?" I say with a strict voice. I'm a genious! Why didn't I think of it sooner?

   "I accidentally stepped on it. You didn't have to punch me for it." He says looking down like he was the victim. 

   Jen looks at me with mad eyes. She stands up and faces me "Listen, I was thinking about it and everyone makes mistakes. So I'll leave you off with a warning, but you better leave Adam alone. He's going through a lot and you're making it worse for him." Adam mocks me over Jen's shoulders. My plan did backfire, I have to think quick on my toes. If only she knew the hell I was living.

   I repress my anger, pull her away from Adam's hearing distance and lower my voice "Jen, I'm sorry... I just..." If Adam is going to use cheap tactics then I'll use them too. "It's just... you were my first friend and I felt like I was losing you..." I cross my fingers in my mind, this is a bit corny, yet sappy, and girls like sappy more than whatever Adam is playing "And I had found a leaf!" I raise my voice an open my eyes to show my excitement "... I was going to give it to you when Adam stepped on it." I lower my tone to show disappointment. Jen looks at me interested. "I though he did it on purpose so I got mad." I hang my head in shame as I begin to congratulate myself on the inside "Bravo! A masterpiece! Ten out of ten! What wonderful acting, that was."

   "Don't worry..." She places her hand in my arm gripping it tight and proceeds to hug me. "We all make mistakes, right? Even me." I give Adam a smirk from over Jen's shoulder and see his face grow in slight anger. I feel bad about using Jen, it doesn't seem like the right thing to do at all... But seeing Adam's frustrated face makes it all worth it.

   I walk over and extend my hand to him and forge the most honest voice I could "I'm sorry Adam. I misunderstood, could you forgive me and let all of this pass by?" He reluctantly accepts the handshake.

   With a bright smile on my face my mind accepts his challenge "If this is going to turn into a war... You better be ready... bring it on."

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N
I just reached my next goal! 100 votes! Thank you everyone ^.^