Chapter 17: Misunderstanding

I tried finding a way to tell Jen about Adam, but if I did he'd probably find a way to make it backfire. I now had two missions. Escape and make sure Jen found out the type of person Adam was.

I was sitting outside in the "yard", that had no grass last time I checked, getting some sun light. You don't get much sunlight in there. I looked past the twenty foot wall and saw little particle floating in the sky. "What's that?" I asked myself. It seemed like it was floating into the prison. I walked to where I thought it was going to land, but the wind blew it over me. I followed it until I finally caught it. It was a leaf! As in the thing that Jen has always wanted to see. This would make her much happier than a stupid paper flower! get a grin from ear to ear and quickly head towards where I left Jen. On my way there I trip over something and fall.

Laughing eminated from the corner of the corridor and Adam walls out of it. He picks up the leaf that I had dropped. "Who's this for, Jen?" He grabs it in his hands and begins to break it apart.

"Give it back!" I reach up to it, but he pushes me back.

He finishes breaking it apart and throws it in the trash. "Whoops." He says mockingly. What's his problem? I knew he was a jerk, but to think he would go to this extent. He had more than a crush on Jen, he had somewhat of a rivalry with me, he saw me as a threat.

I stand up and the punch that I had held back before along with the punch that he just earned were launched at his jaw. He falls back and I begin to pounce on him and right at that moment Jen walks in.

"Stop it Seph!" She uses all her weight to push me off. As I tumble over I bang my head on the floor. This hurts a lot. "Adam, are you okay?" She leans over Adam who has a bloody nose.

I stand up "N-no, Jen! It's not what you think!"

"Shut up!" She looks at me with an extremely mad frown. "Go away!" She points over to the door and then she resumes to talking to Adam as if he had broken something. I just realized Jen had never really been truly mad at me and it hurt that she was. She got the wrong idea. I didn't start this. Adam did, but she wouldn't listen to me no matter what I said.

While Jen was looking away he looks at me with a smirk. Why is he so persistent on ruining my life?

-------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed the new chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I finally got out of my mental blockage and I've been writing chapters like crazy. I am in a story writing competition so please show your support by voting and sharing the story with your friends, please and thank you.

P.S. Next chapter is gunna be good...