[[ two ]]

jj's shift ended around the same time that school was over so i convinced him to drop me off at the cobra kai dojo on his way home from work, although he wasn't too pleased that i was already talking about karate again. jj was pretty protective and he thought karate was "too dangerous" for me, but my parents on the other hand thought it was a great after school activity where i could meet new friends.

jj arrived in front of the dojo and i stepped out of the jeep waving goodbye to him and he drove away. i opened the door causing a bell attached to it to ring. Everyone that had been stretching looked over to me and i smiled seeing miguel standing with a couple unfamiliar faces. he walked over to me and was about to speak, but got interrupted by a man's booming voice yelling over him.

"hey! who are you?" the man said walking over to me.

"hi! i'm davina campbell, miguel invited me," i said with a big smile plastered on my face. this man was definitely trying to act intimidating, but my old sensei was the toughest person i'd ever met so nothing like this really fazed me anymore.

"diaz? you can't just invite people to the dojo."

"yes, i know. i'm sorry sensei, but she's new and i thought she could learn a thing or two from you!"

the man looked back over to me with glaring eyes. "you know how to fight kid?"

"depends on who you ask," i replied, smirking a little. i could tell he wasn't a fan of sarcasm so i wanted to use that to my advantage.

"hawk!" he screamed, still looking me dead in the eyes.

"yes sensei!" i heard a boy from the back of the class yell back to him. he had a bright blue mohawk which reminded me of one of my friends back home who always used to do crazy things with their hair.

"show this girl what you're made of!" the man shouted back to him and held his hand out signaling for me to go over to the mats and fight this "hawk" guy.

"yes sensei!" he shouted again walking to where the sensei pointed.

i was wearing jeans which wasn't my first pick for fighting attire, but i knew i could still take this spikey haired kid, he seemed like the all bark no bite kind. he was kind of attractive, but i'd seen better.

i walked over to the mat and we both bowed to each other.

"you ready to face the fury of the hawk?" he said, smirking at me.

"is that how you get all your girls," i replied back, not impressed. it seemed like i hit a nerve and his smirked turned into more of a growl. before i knew it though he lunged at me trying to land a punch on my abdomen, but i blocked it and kicked his knee as a counter, making him wobble to the side a little. he quickly caught his bearings though and tried to kick me in the same spot he had tried to punch me, and i blocked again pushing his leg to the ground. without even batting an eye i immediately followed him with the same kick he had tried on me and succeeded in pushing him back a little. i did it again before he had the chance to take another breath and he fell to the ground. i put my foot on his chest making sure he couldn't get back up and then looked out into the dojo to see all the students staring at me with their jaws dropped.

"davina, that was AWESOME!" miguel shouted.

"what'd you say your last name was again?" the sensei said stepping out from behind where hawk and i had been fighting.

"campbell," i said with the same proud smile on my face as before.

"well campbell, looks like you're a natural cobra, you're welcome to come for lessons here anytime!"