[[ eighteen ]]

i stared at my outfit in the mirror for a couple of seconds to make sure that all my hickeys were covered up. i was wearing a baby blue hoodie with matching blue and white nike air forces and cream colored loose pants that fell right above my ankles.

 i was wearing a baby blue hoodie with matching blue and white nike air forces and cream colored loose pants that fell right above my ankles

i sat on my bed and texted tory, but didn't get a response. it was pretty unlike her not to respond and after the conversation we had yesterday i was a little worried, but i just shrugged it off and got the rest of my things ready for school.

jj dropped me off like he did everyday and i walked in and met up with my usual crowd of people, avoiding eye contact with hawk the entire time. what the hell was i doing? we were practically together now. i couldn't just ignore him and wish my problems away. i sighed a little and then tuned back into the conversation.

miguel wasn't sure where tory was, but aisha was trying to reassure him that she was probably just still asleep or something. i wasn't really buying it though. i saw robby walk behind me to his locker and i waved to him making sure no one in the group noticed.

i turned back to the group and yawned leaving miguel to furrow his brows a little at me. "you have a long night davina? i thought we were the ones partying," he chuckled.

"nah i just didn't sleep too well," i yawned again and stretched my arms up as high as they could go leaving me bare stomach on display for everyone in the circle. i saw a couple of the guys eyes widen leaving me confused. "what is it?"

"looks like you did have a long night," mitch said, smirking and then i remembered i had just revealed my hickey covered stomach to the crowd of cobra kais in front of me. i immediately got flustered and glanced over to hawk who had a mortified look on his face, but tried to play it cool. "so who's the lucky guy?" mitch added.

"i uh- i- um..." i could normally keep my cool, but i was too humiliated to get my thoughts in order. 

"by the look on your face i'd guess we know him," aisha said, giggling a little knowing how nervous i was.

"maybe it was that bitch demetri. i never really saw where he went after the party and he's always making eyes at you."

"please, demetri couldn't do all that," hawk said annoyed. i could see the instant regret on his face afterwards and everyone looked at him a little funny, but he just shrugged and rolled his eyes. "you can't tell me i'm wrong." it looked like miguel was gonna question him, but then mitch interjected and agreed with hawk.

"yeah, you're right what was i thinking. that loser's probably never even kissed a girl besides that one dare with davina."

i awkwardly laughed a little with the party memory resurfacing in my brain and didn't say another word to anyone until the bell rang. miguel, hawk and i all walked to first period together since there was no sign of tory.

"so do you have a boyfriend now or something?" miguel blurted out as we were walking down the hallway.

"w-what?"